Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

USA, Canada, Mexico to host 2026 World Cup

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

TommyL

TommyL

• Members
  • 858 posts

They will take 3 of the automatic 3 spots... and 3.5 spots will be awarded to the rest (CR, Panama, Jamaica and Honduras) is my prediction... unless Guate and Salvador really make some improvements. Trinidad also has a chance... Nicaragua has grown tons and plays better than any of those former dutch colony islands

Exactly what I’d expect.

Bump City

Bump City

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1846 posts

what are you talking about? the world cup only needs 40,000 capacity (which cities like cincinnati barely have)

chicago hosted the opening match in the 1994 world cup

I've read different, locally. Maybe it was bad info.

In 1994 soldier field held more people.

Cincinatti football stadium holds nearly 5k more people.

Quite entertaining, Rito and myself lol so much at your posts you have replaced comedy movie night @ the Muncher household

Bump City

Bump City

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1846 posts
Never mind looks like this was a financial issue. Glad chicago turned it down. No reason we should be taxed more than we already are.

Matthew McGrath, a spokesman for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, said in March: “FIFA could not provide a basic level of certainty on some major unknowns that put our city and taxpayers at risk. The uncertainty for taxpayers, coupled with FIFA's inflexibility and unwillingness to negotiate, were clear indications that further pursuit of the bid wasn't in Chicago's best interests.

Quite entertaining, Rito and myself lol so much at your posts you have replaced comedy movie night @ the Muncher household

HRWager

HRWager

Paid Advertiser

• Members
  • 6428 posts
Truth is that Chicago blows
<p>The only bonus book with an impeccable reputation</p>

FairWarning

FairWarning

• Members
  • 5883 posts

Truth is that Chicago blows

That hurts.

Thank God its not coming to Chicago.

Long live SP Nation!!!

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 13750 posts

Wish more games were in Mexico.

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 20357 posts

Never mind looks like this was a financial issue. Glad chicago turned it down. No reason we should be taxed more than we already are.

Matthew McGrath, a spokesman for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, said in March: “FIFA could not provide a basic level of certainty on some major unknowns that put our city and taxpayers at risk. The uncertainty for taxpayers, coupled with FIFA's inflexibility and unwillingness to negotiate, were clear indications that further pursuit of the bid wasn't in Chicago's best interests.

yeah but for me it would've been the best of both worlds

chicago area residents get taxed, while i get to go to the game  :laugh

TommyL

TommyL

• Members
  • 858 posts

Wish more games were in Mexico.

Please, Mexico’s National team even plays more games in the US than Mexico.

evade

evade

• Members
  • 1100 posts

Please, Mexico’s National team even plays more games in the US than Mexico.

I did a quick check and they have played twelve home friendlies in the US out of the last thirteen.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67306 posts

I did a quick check and they have played twelve home friendlies in the US out of the last thirteen.

More money to be made here with all the Mexis, and higher ticket prices!   :bulb

Bfo

Bfo

• Members
  • 5091 posts

I’m sure ESPN has something to do with that. It seems ever since they started featuring El Tri they play most of their matches in the USA.

TommyL

TommyL

• Members
  • 858 posts

More money to be made here with all the Mexis, and higher ticket prices!   :bulb

Exact same reason that every Gold Cup is in the US.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users