California citizens what say you?

WVU

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-california-losing-low-income-people-gaining-wealthy-people-per-report-20180221-htmlstory.html

Between 2007 and 2016, some 5 million people moved in to California and 6 million people moved out to other states — a net loss of about 1 million residents

just imagine what the numbers are gonna look like now for wealthy retirees, under the new tax law

deduction for state income taxes + real estate taxes combined is now limited to 10k... someone making 300k and living in a $1m home was probably getting about $60k in deductions on the federal return, now getting 0 and costing them maybe 20k/year

nevada was always a lot cheaper, now the gap widened even further... i said retirees because obviously the high-paying job situation is a lot better in california

California was paradise when I grew up there in the 60s and 70s.

By the 80s it had become a toilet. Beautiful beach areas littered with graffiti, failed social engineering projects like forced school busing, etc.

When I left in the 90s I think I was the last English speaking person there.

California was paradise when I grew up there in the 60s and 70s.

By the 80s it had become a toilet. Beautiful beach areas littered with graffiti, failed social engineering projects like forced school busing, etc.

When I left in the 90s I think I was the last English speaking person there.

Hyperbole much?  :laugh

I state that California is the greatest state in the union... sorry that gets the conservatards riled up. They start jibber-jabbing with their anecdotal nonsense. Craziness.

If it's so bad... then move. Isn't that what these guys tell people who complain about the country? "You don't like it- leave." Just using their words.

I state that California is the greatest state in the union... sorry that gets the conservatards riled up. They start jibber-jabbing with their anecdotal nonsense. Craziness.

If it's so bad... then move. Isn't that what these guys tell people who complain about the country? "You don't like it- leave." Just using their words.

It is the best place to live but conversely if you think that why are you living in Arizona?

It is the best place to live but conversely if you think that why are you living in Arizona?

I actually think I liked Oregon more when accounting for cost of living and etc. Oregon coast is just as awesome imo and I enjoyed Portland a lot. A little small but big enough and close enough to a lot of great hiking and outdoor stuff.

If money wasn't a burden at all I'd say San Diego is my favorite city. With taxes and cost of living taken into account I'd probably pick Oregon.