Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

California citizens what say you?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

cyberbabble

cyberbabble

• Members
  • 393 posts

California the best state in the country and it's not close.

If you're rich and famous, yes.

If you're a foreigner and here illegally, yes.

If you have a job and a family, probably not.

Balco

Balco

Rockstar

• Members
  • 18980 posts

Very well stated.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

2018 IAG Tournament of Cappers Champion

• Members
  • 3742 posts

My Dem friends that live there routinely say the place is great. Even my hardcore Trump/Rep friend loves Cali. 

But yet all I hear from Fox/Reps/Twitter is how awful Cali is. 

"Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration." -NM

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67306 posts

So why don't all these people with jobs and families leave to another state if it's so bad?

That's what I thought.

Balco

Balco

Rockstar

• Members
  • 18980 posts

So why don't all these people with jobs and families leave to another state if it's so bad?

That's what I thought.

LOLS 😂
Please do yourself a favor and google “leaving California”.

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4263 posts

http://www.sandiegou...-htmlstory.html

Between 2007 and 2016, some 5 million people moved in to California and 6 million people moved out to other states — a net loss of about 1 million residents

Guest_ConspiracyMuncher_*

Guest_ConspiracyMuncher_*
  • Guests

California has been a disaster for a while now. There are at least 10 states I'd rather live in, and yes, including Texas.

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 20357 posts

http://www.sandiegou...-htmlstory.html

Between 2007 and 2016, some 5 million people moved in to California and 6 million people moved out to other states — a net loss of about 1 million residents

just imagine what the numbers are gonna look like now for wealthy retirees, under the new tax law

deduction for state income taxes + real estate taxes combined is now limited to 10k... someone making 300k and living in a $1m home was probably getting about $60k in deductions on the federal return, now getting 0 and costing them maybe 20k/year

nevada was always a lot cheaper, now the gap widened even further... i said retirees because obviously the high-paying job situation is a lot better in california

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4263 posts

California was paradise when I grew up there in the 60s and 70s.

By the 80s it had become a toilet. Beautiful beach areas littered with graffiti, failed social engineering projects like forced school busing, etc.

When I left in the 90s I think I was the last English speaking person there.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

2018 IAG Tournament of Cappers Champion

• Members
  • 3742 posts

California was paradise when I grew up there in the 60s and 70s.

By the 80s it had become a toilet. Beautiful beach areas littered with graffiti, failed social engineering projects like forced school busing, etc.

When I left in the 90s I think I was the last English speaking person there.

Hyperbole much?  :laugh

"Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration." -NM

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67306 posts
So Jimmy moved to Washington... another liberal bastion. Why don't you move to Alabama? :scratch

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4263 posts

Washington wasn't half this liberal when I moved here. The California exodus brought thousands here in the late 90s.

I'll be in Nevada the day after I retire.

The Dark Man

The Dark Man

no line left uncrossed

• Members
  • 15619 posts

Washington wasn't half this liberal when I moved here. The California exodus brought thousands here in the late 90s.

You grew up in the 60's and still working?

ouch

Your face at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale

The Dark Man

The Dark Man

no line left uncrossed

• Members
  • 15619 posts

probably some liberal to blame for that.

Your face at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 24809 posts

Hyperbole much? :laugh

Of course it is.

Lived here my whole life and it’s easily better now than 10-20-30 years ago.
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 13750 posts

That's what I thought.

Theyve been moving here non stop for thirty years.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67306 posts

Uh-huh.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67306 posts
I state that California is the greatest state in the union... sorry that gets the conservatards riled up. They start jibber-jabbing with their anecdotal nonsense. Craziness.

If it's so bad... then move. Isn't that what these guys tell people who complain about the country? "You don't like it- leave." Just using their words.

Bump City

Bump City

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1846 posts

California has been a disaster for a while now. There are at least 10 states I'd rather live in, and yes, including Texas.

lol how would you know? Jfc.

Quite entertaining, Rito and myself lol so much at your posts you have replaced comedy movie night @ the Muncher household

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4263 posts

Uh-huh.

What's your fucking problem with me lately?

You're jumping my shit in thread after thread. I don't attack you at all, I only state my opinions yet you're constantly attacking...

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67306 posts
All the shit, Conservatard States are welfare states that live off the great Liberal States. These are facts, folks.

jasson621

jasson621

• Members
  • 3342 posts

I state that California is the greatest state in the union... sorry that gets the conservatards riled up. They start jibber-jabbing with their anecdotal nonsense. Craziness.

If it's so bad... then move. Isn't that what these guys tell people who complain about the country? "You don't like it- leave." Just using their words.

It is the best place to live but conversely if you think that why are you living in Arizona?

Sayeret Matkal

jasson621

jasson621

• Members
  • 3342 posts

All the shit, Conservatard states are welfare states that live off the great Liberal states. These are facts, folks.

Yawn we have been over this, there is a lengthy thread about it, nice troll attempt though.

Sayeret Matkal

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67306 posts

What's your fucking problem with me lately?

You're jumping my shit in thread after thread. I don't attack you at all, I only state my opinions yet you're constantly attacking...

Attacking? :scratch

We're here discussing States, pal. Don't be a snowflake about it. Jesus.

Bump City

Bump City

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1846 posts

It is the best place to live but conversely if you think that why are you living in Arizona?

I actually think I liked Oregon more when accounting for cost of living and etc. Oregon coast is just as awesome imo and I enjoyed Portland a lot. A little small but big enough and close enough to a lot of great hiking and outdoor stuff.

If money wasn't a burden at all I'd say San Diego is my favorite city. With taxes and cost of living taken into account I'd probably pick Oregon.

Quite entertaining, Rito and myself lol so much at your posts you have replaced comedy movie night @ the Muncher household

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users