Home field Oakland Alameda Coliseum
Record 6-10
Division place 3rd AFC West
Playoff finish did not qualify

Offensive Scheme:West Coast

Offensive Coordinator:Greg Olson

Defensive Alignment:4-3

Defensive Coordinator:Paul Guenther

Offense Rank-PTS18.8(23rd);YDS324.1(17th);PASS YDS226.9(16th);RUSH YDS97.1(25th)
Defense Rank-PTS23.3(20th);YDS350.1(23rd);PASS YDS241.1(26th);RUSH YDS108.9(12th)

2018 Offseason Moves:

Raiders sign WR Jordy Nelson,RB Doug Martin,TE Derek Carrier,S Marcus Gilchrist,LB Tahir Whitehead,LS  Andrew DePaola,CB Shareece Wright,CB  Senquez Golson,WR Dwayne Harris,CB Daryl Worley,LB Derrick Johnson,DT Ahtyba Rubin, DE Frostee Rucker,OT Breno Giacomini,CB Leon Hall.

Raiders re-sign DT Justin Ellis,S Reggie Nelson,LB Shilique Calhoun,LB/DE James Cowser,K  Giorgio Tavecchio,G/T  Denver Kirkland,QB E.J. Manuel.

Raiders let go WR Michael Crabtree,CB David Amerson,K Sebastian Janikowski,P Marquette King,TE Clive Walford,DE  Denico Autry,CB T. J. Carrie,OT Marshall Newhouse

Raiders trade for WR Martavis Bryant,WR Ryan Switzer,QB Christian Hackenberg

Raiders trade WR Cordarrelle Patterson,FB Jamize Olawale,DE Jihad Ward

Coaching Changes:

Hired –Offensive Coordinator,Greg Olson.  Defensive Coordinator,Paul Guenther

Released- Offensive Coordinator,Todd Downing.  Defensive Coordinator,Ken Norton Jr

Draft Picks:

1st Round: Kolton Miller  OT   UCLA

2nd Round: P.J. Hall  DT   Sam Houston State

3rd Round: Brandon Parker  OT  North Carolina A&T

3rd Round: Arden Key  LB   Louisiana State

4th Round: Nick Nelson CB Wisconsin

5th Round: Maurice Hurst  DT  Michigan

5th Round: Johnny Townsend  P   Florida

6th Round: Azeem Victor  LB   Washington

7th Round: Marcell Ateman  WR   Oklahoma State

2018 Starters:

OFFENSE

QB: Derek Carr
RB: Marshawn Lynch
WR: Amari Cooper
WR: Martavis Bryant
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Jared Cook
LT: Donald Penn
LG: Kelechi Osemele
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Gabe Jackson
RT: Kolton Miller

DEFENSE

DE: Khalil Mack
DT: Justin Ellis
DT: Maurice Hurst
DE: Bruce Irvin
OLB: Tahir Whitehead
MLB: Derrick Johnson
CB: Rashaan Melvin
CB: Gareon Conley
CB: Daryl Worley
S: Karl Joseph
S: Reggie Nelson

2018 SCHEDULE:

Sept. 10 vs. Los Angeles Rams, 10:20 p.m. (ESPN)
Sept. 16 at Denver Broncos, 4:05 p.m. (CBS)
Sept. 23 at Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sept. 30 vs. Cleveland Browns, 4:05 p.m. (FOX)
Oct. 7 at Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 p.m. (CBS)
Oct. 14 vs. Seattle Seahawks (London), 1 p.m. (FOX)
Oct. 21 -- BYE
Oct. 28 vs. Indianapolis Colts, 4:05 p.m. (CBS)
Nov. 1 at San Francisco 49ers, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFLN)
Nov. 11 vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 p.m. (FOX)
Nov. 18 at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. (CBS)
Nov. 25 at Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 2 vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 4:05 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 9 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Dec. 16 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 24 vs. Denver Broncos, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN)
Dec. 30 at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (CBS)

PREDICTIONS FOR OAKLAND IN 2018:

The Raiders have brought back head coach Jon Gruden who may or may not succeed in his second stint. One thing is for sure he will not have it easy as the AFC West is strong as ever with the Chargers,Chiefs and Broncos and the Raiders are stuck fighting physical teams from the AFC North this year like the Steelers,Ravens and Bengals. They also face the NFC West powerhouses like the Rams,49ers,Seahawks and Cardinals. If i were a betting man i'd bet against Gruden making any noise this year. Bovada/Vegas say 8 wins and .500 sounds about right to me.

These are the teams below that have been done so far.........20 left to go

#32:New York Jets

#31 Cleveland Browns

#30:Miami Dolphins

#29:Indianapolis Colts

#28:Chicago Bears

#27:Tampa Bay Buccaneers

#26:Buffalo Bills

#25:Washington Redskins

#24:Cincinnati Bengals

#23:Denver Broncos

#22:New York Giants

#21:Oakland Raiders

the Raiders are stuck fighting physical teams from the AFC North this year like the Steelers,Ravens and Bengals. They also face the NFC West powerhouses like the Rams,49ers,Seahawks and Cardinals.

The rest of the teams in their division face the same exact teams.  

I like the Raiders to bounce back and win the division.  KC will be wishing they had Alex Smith back by week 4.  Denver's defense isn't what it was and their QB will flop as well.  

Chargers always underperform.   The Raiders.  Bank it. 

Oakland will win the AFC West and make a run at the Super Bowl. 

The rest of the teams in their division face the same exact teams.  

I like the Raiders to bounce back and win the division.  KC will be wishing they had Alex Smith back by week 4.  Denver's defense isn't what it was and their QB will flop as well.  

Chargers always underperform.   The Raiders.  Bank it. 

I think that the Chargers will win the division. I have a strong feeling the Chargers will win it IF Rivers stays healthy.

You very well could be right though about the Raiders. You know your shit and are very knowledgeable and i like that it makes for fun debates on football. You were right about Tampa that year i had them winning the division and you told me that the head coach wasn't worth a shit Koetter i think his name was.

The Chargers do underperform and have bad luck historically but if the defense holds up and Rivers does well it could be close between the two teams.

As far as Denver goes Elway has been up shit creek ever since Manning left. He thought it was so easy running a team but he was dead ass wrong.

Also...these remind me of when I'd read the old Sporting News magazines back in the day where they constantly would put the depth charts and such. 

Man those were the days. I am 43 myself and i started getting The Sporting News at the age of 10 in 1985. Back in the day i would be impatient waiting on the next issue to arrive. Great memories my friend......

I also collected Topps football cards too.

Was also a huge Larry Bird/Celtics fan then as well.

Loved NFL but it took years until my area finally got an NFL team the Titans in 1999.

For years i was a huge Raiders fan.

I think that the Chargers will win the division. I have a strong feeling the Chargers will win it IF Rivers stays healthy.

You very well could be right though about the Raiders. You know your shit and are very knowledgeable and i like that it makes for fun debates on football. You were right about Tampa that year i had them winning the division and you told me that the head coach wasn't worth a shit Koetter i think his name was.

The Chargers do underperform and have bad luck historically but if the defense holds up and Rivers does well it could be close between the two teams.

As far as Denver goes Elway has been up shit creek ever since Manning left. He thought it was so easy running a team but he was dead ass wrong.

It's just prognostication.  Educated guesses for everyone.

Oakland was so close 2 seasons ago. Then the injury to the QB.  They were garbage last year.  Why?  Things really can change in a year for most NFL teams.  Outside of solid organizations like NE and PITT.  

I think the Raiders have the bones.  Just need the plan.  Chucky seems to always get the best out of teams the first couple of years when he takes over.  I think he makes a run in year 1. 

It's just prognostication.  Educated guesses for everyone.

Oakland was so close 2 seasons ago. Then the injury to the QB.  They were garbage last year.  Why?  Things really can change in a year for most NFL teams.  Outside of solid organizations like NE and PITT.  

I think the Raiders have the bones.  Just need the plan.  Chucky seems to always get the best out of teams the first couple of years when he takes over.  I think he makes a run in year 1. 

I'm a Raiders fan from way back but my heart is with the Titans now. I'll never forget January of 2003 when the Titans/Raiders played in the AFC Championship. That was the year Tennessee started 1-4 then preceeded to go 10-1 the rest of the year to finish 11-5. QB Steve McNair won NFL MVP.