Kawhi wants out of SA.

Machiavelli

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my Deemer Friendly scenario that may not be too realistic but whatever:

Pop n the Spurs realize that Kawhi wants LAL because LBJ wants to go there. CLE also realizes this. 

Spurs decide to link up with CLE on K Love + 8th for Kawhi, basically giving an FU to those players' plans. 

So rather than opt out, LBJ opts into his option and remains in CLE for the year with Kawhi. 

I mean...if the prices on Kawhi are gonna be rental offers anyway, may as well do something like that. But if you're CLE, would you dice roll on grabbing Kawhi at that price for one committed year? If so, it likely keeps LBJ, too, no? Maybe they make one run and then dip out after the year, in which case Love/8th aren't on the team.....but it'd be a helluva gamble.

Pop n the Spurs realize that Kawhi wants LAL because LBJ wants to go there. CLE also realizes this. 

Spurs decide to link up with CLE on K Love + 8th for Kawhi, basically giving an FU to those players' plans. 

So rather than opt out, LBJ opts into his option and remains in CLE for the year with Kawhi. 

I mean...if the prices on Kawhi are gonna be rental offers anyway, may as well do something like that. But if you're CLE, would you dice roll on grabbing Kawhi at that price for one committed year? If so, it likely keeps LBJ, too, no? Maybe they make one run and then dip out after the year, in which case Love/8th aren't on the team.....but it'd be a helluva gamble.

What do the spurs want with Love.     Though that's an interesting though.   Lebron isn't opting in though, he gets more money signing a new 1 year deal.  Lot of moving parts.

What do the spurs want with Love.     Though that's an interesting though.   Lebron isn't opting in though, he gets more money signing a new 1 year deal.  Lot of moving parts.

Usable player. Or flip to Port for McCollum maybe?

And...if not LBJ opting in, then still staying in CLE for next year with the 1 + 1. 

So, send Love and the 8th overall so you can have two guys that quit on their teams instead of just one?

Way too expensive for Kawhi IMO.