Kawhi wants out of SA.

Machiavelli

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kawhi is gone.

Why wouldn’t the spurs try to get something for him when you risk him sitting out more games to spite them with a made up injury?

nba is a lot of drama. Kawhi wants love. And you never get equal value for super stars in the nba - rare if ever happens. Might as well keep him and make a run if you can.

No reason spurs have to make any move right now. Winning and personal success cures a lot of problems in basketball.

Kawhi Leonard was a later pick.

People said pop would take a big step back as duncan got old and they didn't miss a beat. They made the playoffs this year with guys like bertans and Brandon Paul playing significant minutes.

For sure. Pop is another.

People were writing off the Celtics after the first game when Hayward went down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LeBrick should go to the Spurs. Play for a real coach.

Guy has never played for one.

Guy has fired every coach he’s had who tried to tell him what to do

He’s already telling Walton that he’s a puppet like Lue and if he doesn’t like it, he can pack his bags

I think it’s great. Guy pulls a power play and wants to be traded to LA. Spurs say FU and ship him to Siberia.

Love it.

Fair. 

But look at the other side. DeRozan re-upped there and was loyal af. Even to the point where he was so upset by the trade that he had a whole IG story about it. 

Teams do stuff like that all the time and there's not much outcry and it gets accepted as business, but when players try and control their destiny, they're vilified for it. 

I can argue that Kawhi was doing SA a solid so that they could at least get something for him instead of him walking next year. 

Fair.

But look at the other side. DeRozan re-upped there and was loyal af. Even to the point where he was so upset by the trade that he had a whole IG story about it.

Teams do stuff like that all the time and there's not much outcry and it gets accepted as business, but when players try and control their destiny, they're vilified for it.

I can argue that Kawhi was doing SA a solid so that they could at least get something for him instead of him walking next year.

Derozan is softer than baby shit, so no surprise he’s crying on social media. The NBA is a business. End of story.

I think he'll end up diggin' it. 

Large market for his new sneaker contract coming up, too. 

Wasn't he wanting the NY or Phi area if he couldn't get LA?? Well....Tor is pretty similar and may end up the more beneficial situation if you factor in Large Market + Contention + Being the Alpha Dog. Philly has 2 of those, but he'd be sharing the spotlight with Simmons/Embiid. NY only has 1 and Tor meets all 3 criteria. 

Derozan is softer than baby shit, so no surprise he’s crying on social media. The NBA is a business. End of story.

Big fan of Derozan. But my point stands since the players get railed against by the fans but these teams do not. 

It's a business on both ends and while Kawhi (And even KD) get labeled by the fans, they have to do what is in their own interests, and those do not always intersect with the greater good of the league/fans/etc. 

Fair. 

These guys get paid millions of dollars to play a game.  I will never feel sorry for any of them.  

Fair. 

Fair. 

Pure lunacy.

A)Players should be grateful they're getting paid millions for playing a little basketball.

B)The Spurs knew he was probably leaving. They were going to decide what to do with him. Instead, he forced their hand by pulling a Derrick Rose. He faked injuries to miss like 3 months of a season, all the whole collecting his paychecks. 

C)The Spurs accidentally did Kawhi a solid by sending him to a great city and a good team. There are a lot of worse places he could've been traded to.