Looking ahead to the Presidential Election

KingRevolver

I would actually vote Democrat before voting Palin.

The lame stream media and drive by's destroyed Palin because he was a serious threat. Progressives dominate the media so the right will never get a fair shake. The left will demonize and lie the Repubs and conservatives. Everyone has their own beliefs and no minds will ever be changed. Growing up I didliked politics until I became interested in the 90s. I remember in USMC when just about every Marine hated Clinton.

May the best person win. Will not vote if it's Hilary vs Jeb.

If the Democrats are going to win this thing in a landslide as many in here suggest, then why did the Republicans just dominate the House and Senate races this past November?

What does that tell us?

The problem is those elections are in districts, districts that are conservative and put the repubs in with maybe 60%, in the national election the stupid blacks and freeloaders vote dem at 90% +, that will overcome the republicans in most of the big states.

The extension of handouts the last 8 years have irritated many Americans..........

Everyone said that four years ago also, that Obama was not well liked and wouldnt get the same support the second time around, and we all saw what a blowout that vote turned out to be

Now granted I will give you no possible Dem candidate will have the appeal that Obama had/has. If Obama was running for a third time I'd go all in on -500 odds even. But even with a new Dem candidate I think the way the map is set up its still gonna be hard for them to lose. If Clinton is running even people that dont know much about the campaigns will get on board to vote in the first female pres

The lame stream media and drive by's destroyed Palin because he was a serious threat. Progressives dominate the media so the right will never get a fair shake. The left will demonize and lie the Repubs and conservatives. Everyone has their own beliefs and no minds will ever be changed. Growing up I didliked politics until I became interested in the 90s. I remember in USMC when just about every Marine hated Clinton.

May the best person win. Will not vote if it's Hilary vs Jeb.

Sorry Balco, but this is why the Republicans are going to lose. The vast majority of the country is center or center-right. But in every recent election the far right determines who the Republican nominee will be or warps that nominee until he becomes unacceptable to the center (like Romney who was a center-liberal governor of a moderate state and had to pretzel himself into far right positons until he was unelectable). How McCain managed to lose is still mystifying but it is probably related to the South Carolina firewall rape job of people in his own party when he was running against Dubya.

Jeb Bush or Christie would be fine and neither probably has a chance. Some of you might not like Hillary but women do, Latinos do, African-Americans do. Palin is the reason Republicans blow. Until they grow up and stop acting like a bunch of whiny babies and start picking candidates who are acceptable to mainstream America they're doomed.

Clinton is basically a Republican but she's a center Republican. She grew up in a Republican household. She has neoconservative views. She has a large number of allies in the one conservative stronghold that really matters which is the financial community. She is interventionist. People who post here might not like her because of health care but there are a lot of people who love her for exactly that since she was the first person to put national health care at the center of the political agenda. Generally, she is to the right of most Democrats. Which makes her right in the center of American life. If Republicans weren't such knee-jerk morons about this they would see that unless they change their strategy they're going to get cornholed. She should be -250 or better because things like the Iowa Election market don't factor in so far ahead the idiocy of the extreme right wing of the Republican party.

Here's a moron for ya....

I have an aunt who is democrat ...no matter what, Also is a Southern Baptist

She said she wouldn't vote for Romney, because he was a mormon

So....when I started to educate her, about Hillary being a new-ager, pro abortion ..etc...well she didn't want to hear that

republicans are snakes too....but to deny that Democrats dont cater to the lowest common denominator....you are fooling yourself

Wow you bothered to type all that out. No one ever said the Democrats don't cater to the lowest common denominator. They also have completely taken control of the middle common denominator because the Republicans are basically held hostage by their lowest common denominator which are the same people who love the Baby Jesus and seem to have a hardon for gambling. This is a gambling forum so tell you're Baptist aunt that Bush was doing God's work when he made the pokerz illegals. Not voting for a dude because he's a Mormon is probably just as valid as calling Hillary a "new-ager" whatever the fuck that means.

Sadly, Hillary can't lose, barring some catastrophic event or some kind of health problem. Back in 2006, I knew Hilary couldn't win, and that was before Obama came on the scene. Her Iraq vote doomed her. No such problem this time. Please don't say Benghazi. If You do, you don't understand politics, and you are in your own Bubble where that might matter among the VERY Few People who wouldn't have voted for Hillary no matter what.

No one likes Hilary, but no Dem that means anything will run against her, and whoever the Republicans ultimately put up will be so damaged by the Wingnut Primary, and having to share a stage with the likes of Cruz, they won't be able to lay a glove on Hillary.

I wish it weren't so, but wishing and hoping doesn't win Presidential Elections. Demographics do. I can't stand her, and I think she will be a horrible President. But she WILL be President.

I find obamacare to be completely crazy, a lady I work with has diabetes and says they wanna charge her $600 a month. I have s clean bill of health but only pay $52 a month through my employer. I thought ding dong care was supposed to be affordable lol he's a joke

In your case your employer is really providing nice benefits. Obama Care is not much of a factor in yours. Doesn't sound like a subsidy from Obama Care - just an excellent benefit from your employer.

Your friend - there must be variables. Perhaps, she is married and has children and that is the big premium charge. A lot of employers do real well for the employee but not so hot for the family. If it was just her - she should be able to get benefits like you. There is an unaffordable provision to Obama Care. Based on income (low income) people can opt out of group insurance and might qualify for a subsidy on an individual policy from the health care marketplace..

Romney would have been a damn good President - everything LCD said is 100% correct. The problem with the right, who I used to affiliate myself with until the domestic terrorists (the Tea Party) latched on and started forcing their ignorant and retarded views on the rest of the party, is that they please the extreme because they won't vote otherwise.

The fact is, Romney was a great candidate and would have been a hell of a President - a true conservative, under original conservative values. Lincoln might have been a Democrat today, that's how far the party has fallen from it's roots.

For example:

What baffles my mind is how many gamblers hate Obama and democrats - I don't think Obama has been a particularly good President, but you can't really judge a President until he's been out of office for a few terms, in my opinion. The Republicans are trying to make gambling AGAINST FEDERAL LAW right now - they are trying to shut down the states that have already legalized it. This is all being led by Republicans that have been funded by that scumbag Adelson. Making something against the law federally, and prohibiting states from making their own decisions, is so far against the fundamentals of conservatism that it is tough to even fathom. That is the definition of intrusive, big government - something true conservatives are against very much. Obama on the other hand, would probably legalize gambling if he had the power and opportunity to do so.

Now the party is run and decided by a bunch of bigoted morons that hate black people, mexican's, women and gay people. Honestly the dumbest shit I've ever seen. No fiscally conservative person should be against the legalization of gambling. The problem is, the Republicans who back Adelson are having their pockets lined by Adelson so why wouldn't they do what he asks?

At this point, both sides are pretty fucked and I'm comfortable calling myself a moderate who thinks Romney would have been the only hope for the right. Romney would have been a hell of a President, but sadly he didn't believe in the same religion as the right and he wasn't an absolute lunatic so he didn't get the backing from the morons of the party.