Ok so this is odd

IAG

Company has left and the house is quiet. I had the air conditioner going with the fan blowing. All day long I’m hearing faint voices. It almost sounds like an a.m. radio is on. I search the house, look out the windows, nothing. It’s driving me absolutely crazy. Finally I google hearing voices or something, and found webpages full of people who hear voices in their fan and other inanimate objects. Turned the fan off, and it went away. But it was definitely voices/radio sound. Not just the normal sound of the AC. I don’t think my mind was interpreting white noise, but you never now. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Then I found this. http://www.iflscience.com/technology/man-asks-the-internet-for-help-after-hearing-voices-coming-from-his-fan-but-theres-a-logical-explanation/

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“So what is happening? Ghost fan? Thankfully, no.

Whilst several people suggested one obvious possibility, that he was hearing things in the white noise and his mind was turning it into voices, that turned out not to be the case.

The fan turns out to have been picking up radio waves from a nearby transmitter.

Many metal objects around the house can pick up radio signals. Everything from the coils in your bed frame to tin foil can receive them. Though the signals are going through them, however, it's not often that they are amplified enough to be audible.

But if you are close enough to an antenna the electromagnetic field can be strong enough to oscillate at the frequency of the transmitter. If it vibrates strongly enough, as metal parts within the base of the fan appear to have, it can make a noise loud enough for you to hear.

During WWII, Allied troops were known to use similar methods (intentionally) in order to listen to the radio whilst in Italy. German forces could detect local oscillators (a part within a radio used to select frequencies), so they made their own radios using metals such as razor blades, nails, and pencil lead as detectors.”

Oh wow, stop doing yeyo Lager, I got coke psychosis too and hear police knocking on my door!

Time to slow down :laugh

Lol

Never done that in my life! Someone on the message board said that it’s ghosts that can only be heard through masked sound like running water or fans. Interesting.

Wife and I swear we both hear a very faint noise at times in our bedroom as well. Almost sounds like a radio is on somewhere.

Weird shit for sure.

Yeah that’s it! Like am radio..talk radio. Very faint....but definitely there...talking.I thought maybe one of my guests had left a radio on somewhere. Searched the whole house. Nothing.

Ive never noticed if AC is on when it happens or not. But fan is always on when we are in there.

Don't hear it very often. And its probably been a couple of months since the last time. Next time I hear it, I'll pay more attention to that.

Yeah, see if it’s an otherwise quiet house with no TV on or anything but just the fan. Then turn it off and see if it stops. It definitely is the ac fan with me, but I don’t know if it’s because of the mind interpreting that sound someway, it tuning into some transmitter or whatever, or paranormal activity. In any case, I’m glad to have the mystery solved.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

Lol

Never done that in my life! Someone on the message board said that it’s ghosts that can only be heard through masked sound like running water or fans. Interesting.

I know you havent Lager, just busting your chops as usual!

The supernatural stuff is real... though it chooses wisely who is a witness of it's presence. Ghosts are mostly demons, so besides interesting, I would freak the fukk out.

Seeing the things Ive saw and heard during sleep paralysis, I wouldnt wish such things on nobody... I also think we have a pending discussion you told me to remind you off when your company left :)

I know you havent Lager, just busting your chops as usual!

The supernatural stuff is real... though it chooses wisely who is a witness of it's presence. Ghosts are mostly demons, so besides interesting, I would freak the fukk out.

Seeing the things Ive saw and heard during sleep paralysis, I wouldnt wish such things on nobody... I also think we have a pending discussion you told me to remind you off when your company left :)

Lol. I have a couple of those scheduled, But may not be till later in the week. I think I wanted you to remind me to watch that video. Was that it?

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

I met a guy at the dog park who would always talk about the demon voices he heard when he was a heroin addict.

He's now a born-again Christian who takes the Bible literally.  Last time I saw him, he was talking about putting up balloons into the atmosphere to prove to everyone that the Earth was flat.

Flat Earthers are the bottom of the bottom... give terrible name to conspiracy theories, just like the plane hologram crap and the reptilian horseshit.

Shit said out loud to discrediting everything else.

I met a guy at the dog park who would always talk about the demon voices he heard when he was a heroin addict.

He's now a born-again Christian who takes the Bible literally.  Last time I saw him, he was talking about putting up balloons into the atmosphere to prove to everyone that the Earth was flat.

Haha, I know a guy who just quit his job to prove that the earth is flat.  Left his work truck in the Chicago suburbs and told my friend to come get it from Michigan.