Attn Milkshake

joeybagadonuts

Saw you said over at eog you are going to Nicaragua soon. Bad idea pal

Brother in laws dad is has been living there last 5 or so years (he’s originally from there as well) but he recently fled the country as it’s very dangerous right now. He was like 100 miles outside Managua. It’s spreading.

Thanks for your concern. I arrived back in the states Monday afternoon after 6 nights about 20 miles outside of San Juan Del sur which is a surfing community. My oldest and best friend has a 16 cabana resort on the beach of Cosa Dulce.

We were safe and of course there has always been armed guards on property since he has had the place.

Its breathtaking beyond anything I can describe. Unless trying to barrel through 20 foot waves or helping with the sea turtle egg preservation I can say we all felt safe. The food was also amazing. The yoga center overlooks the entire ocean. I have pics if anyone would like me to upload.

Its my 4th time there and the political landscape is beyond despicable and of course its hard to see all the starvation, all the pain locals are feeling and of course the uncertainty of when Ortega and his army just decides to have their way with the poorest country in the western hemisphere. People of 3 generations are fleeing and who can blame them. Humbling experience for sure.

Regardless if you are a gringo and are respectful when traveling abroad you will never find more caring, honest, hard working people in your life. You are not in any type of danger unless in Managua or participating in rallies and protests.

If you like deep sea fishing, surfing, jungle exploration, seeing different forms of reptiles, horses and cows run free and its my top place on earth only to where I live.

Im hopeful Vietnam and cambodia in Jan will live up to half of what Nica has to offer. The bar is high.

If there was trouble you could be sure that Drinkthatmilkshake would find it. He always does

Lol I might have to share this on facebook or something. I have 26 14ers conquered. Over 150 solo hikes, have been to 4 continents and have driven for 22 years.

One mishap that I survived on a mountain, 1 car accident not my fault and 1 fishtank lightning malfunction cost me a living room for a month.. god damn blogging makes it seem like Im incapable of not seeing the E.R weekly.

My friends like to give me shit to this day about the hiking mishap constantly. It gives them great joy.

Hey Andre want a beer?

Does Eddie get lost in the woods!

Hey bret wanna go drive up mount Evans?

Why drive when Eddie can show us around. What better way than to meet search and rescue!

Yada yada

Thanks for your concern. I arrived back in the states Monday afternoon after 6 nights about 20 miles outside of San Juan Del sur which is a surfing community. My oldest and best friend has a 16 cabana resort on the beach of Cosa Dulce.

We were safe and of course there has always been armed guards on property since he has had the place.

Its breathtaking beyond anything I can describe. Unless trying to barrel through 20 foot waves or helping with the sea turtle egg preservation I can say we all felt safe. The food was also amazing. The yoga center overlooks the entire ocean. I have pics if anyone would like me to upload.

Its my 4th time there and the political landscape is beyond despicable and of course its hard to see all the starvation, all the pain locals are feeling and of course the uncertainty of when Ortega and his army just decides to have their way with the poorest country in the western hemisphere. People of 3 generations are fleeing and who can blame them. Humbling experience for sure.

Regardless if you are a gringo and are respectful when traveling abroad you will never find more caring, honest, hard working people in your life. You are not in any type of danger unless in Managua or participating in rallies and protests.

If you like deep sea fishing, surfing, jungle exploration, seeing different forms of reptiles, horses and cows run free and its my top place on earth only to where I live.

Im hopeful Vietnam and cambodia in Jan will live up to half of what Nica has to offer. The bar is high.

Glad to hear you made it back safely.

Nam is amazing- was there about 6 months ago.