Soccer is a dumb sport. Not sure why the world loves it?

WVU

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spent most of my life feeling the same way WVU until the 2010 WC I really started following it and it's a beautiful sport. I don't follow soccer except for the WC but I really do appreciate it. I played football my whole life and honestly when we were young we used to talk shit and beat up the kids who played soccer. Young punks we were. I have a passion for football that I can't even put into words so for me soccer will never even come close to football but I do appreciate it as a great sport. 

I really can't handle the flops. I thought they were going To be yellow carding for that? Take the flops away and it will almost be watchable. Grown men rolling on the ground faking a feather touch. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Soccer is one of the hardest sports to master. It’s a sport you have to start very young age and have the right training to potentially play at a D1 school. Less than 1% make it to the senior level in Europe. MLS Currently only has 15 American born players. It’s not a sport like baseball, football, or basketball where you can start late as high school and potentially play at the highest level you are athletic enough. In America teach direct soccer Vs possession soccer with added technical development.

We don’t have enough trainers that can teach our youth to develop correctly.

I enjoy watching soccer over any other sport probably because I understand the game well and my boys play at a high level.

Soccer is one of the hardest sports to master. It’s a sport you have to start very young age and have the right training to potentially play at a D1 school. Less than 1% make it to the senior level in Europe. MLS Currently only has 15 American born players. It’s not a sport like baseball, football, or basketball where you can start late as high school and potentially play at the highest level you are athletic enough. In America teach direct soccer Vs possession soccer with added technical development.

I enjoy watching soccer over any other sport probably because I understand the game well and my boys play at a high level.

Very entertaining spectator sport

its a sport that doesn't require you to have money to play.  Its the ultimate lottery ticket to riches in these poor countries if you are good.

Yup.  That's the reason why it's the world's most popular sport.  Simple game and cheap to play.

Sophisticated countries prefer more complex games that aren't so elementary and dumb.  Like football, basketball, and baseball. 

that's like saying with more trainers the usa could better compete with the kenyans in marathon running

Worst sport ever

I’d rather watch Isis beheading videos on a loop

There is nothing worse than laying -0.5 and having the other team score first

0.0% chance to come from behind and win your bet

I'd rather beat my cok with an axe handle than bet this shit on a daily basis

good thing world cup is only once every four years