IF soccer was the number one sport in the USA..

Machiavelli

, dont know how college soccer works but I think college soccer should grow to be nation wide if aint already is and also draft players from HS...

I guess its already that way but not as high level, not even close...

The NCAA isn’t the place to develop a world class player. The issue is the limits on practice time and games. Because everyone is a “student” athlete, they’re capped on the number of hours that can be spent each day/week, and that cap is much lower than the time that 18-22 year old players in the rest of the world are spending on the sport. They will pick up some late bloomers, but a guy like Jordan Morris could have developed much more quickly somewhere else.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m sure there’s some real studs in the Iran baseball League. Love their black pants. Real smart when it’s 125 degrees in the desert.

BAUS

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

The NCAA isn’t the place to develop a world class player. The issue is the limits on practice time and games. Because everyone is a “student” athlete, they’re capped on the number of hours that can be spent each day/week, and that cap is much lower than the time that 18-22 year old players in the rest of the world are spending on the sport. They will pick up some late bloomers, but a guy like Jordan Morris could have developed much more quickly somewhere else.

Interesting. So what would be your solition?

Interesting. So what would be your solition?

Continue down the current track, while looking for more opportunities to develop players in cities from the lower classes. When I was growing up in the 80s and early 90s, there was no MLS, I’d have to follow national team qualifiers on message boards because games weren’t on TV, NCAA was where our best players developed, etc. Huge strides have been made in the past 20+ years, but MLS has also lifted the level of play of a bunch of other teams in CONCACAF too.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

Continue down the current track, while looking for more opportunities to develop players in cities from the lower classes. When I was growing up in the 80s and early 90s, there was no MLS, I’d have to follow national team qualifiers on message boards because games weren’t on TV, NCAA was where our best players developed, etc. Huge strides have been made in the past 20+ years, but MLS has also lifted the level of play of a bunch of other teams in CONCACAF too.

True, wow cant believe qualifiers were so overlooked... MLS has grown tons IMO... for one thing, is a league with a high scoring ratio and I like that a lot,.

True, wow cant believe qualifiers were so overlooked... MLS has grown tons IMO... for one thing, is a league with a high scoring ratio and I like that a lot,.

In the 1990 World Cup, they’d actually take commercials in the middle of games here (including US games). 1994 was the first time they went commercial-free, as they figured out how to display an advertiser’s logo with the score box and mention “the next 20 minutes of this game are presented by MasterCard”.

Not happy we’e sitting home right now, but looking at the bigger picture, a lot has happened to lay the foundation.

Total shit sport. That's why they have this garbage tournament once every fours years because no one in there right mind could watch these fukk jobs every year. Also notice how they have this Homosexual human being tournament in the summer so as not to have to go up against football where not one person would watch not even those stick men in Haiti or Honduras would even bother to take a break from their plate of bugs to glimpse one second of these snooze fests.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

Total shit sport. That's why they have this garbage tournament once every fours years because no one in there right mind could watch these fukk jobs every year. Also notice how they have this Homosexual human being tournament in the summer so as not to have to go up against football where not one person would watch not even those stick men in Haiti or Honduras would even bother to take a break from their plate of bugs to glimpse one second of these snooze fests.

BIGGEST SPORT IN THE WORLD. PERIOD.

We have domestic soccer leagues, champions league, europa league, libertadores, sudamericana EVERY YEAR. LITERALLY 10's of 1000's of games every year. People keep tuning in.

A good capper adjusts to further encounter +EV opportunities instead of bitching and blaming the VAR.

Newsflash - next World Cup is right in the middle of football season. And as always, the ratings will crush football on a global level.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

Not in the USA

Worse game on the NFL card would have 100x viewers than the championship game in the shit cup.

Luckily USA is a non definitive factor in the bigger scheme of things.

Not in the USA

Worse game on the NFL card would have 100x viewers than the championship game in the shit cup.

LOL, at least when you make shit up, at least make it be about stuff that isn’t incredibly easy to verify.

Last World Cup final had 26.5 million viewers in the US. I guess you’re expecting 2.6 billion Americans to watch the worst game on an NFL card.

LOL, at least when you make shit up, at least make it be about stuff that isn’t incredibly easy to verify.

Last World Cup final had 26.5 million viewers in the US. I guess you’re expecting 2.6 billion Americans to watch the worst game on an NFL card.

Do you think there will be 26 million watching this years final in the US? I say much less.

Soccer will never capture the imagination of the black kid. US soccer will always be limited to upper class white kids which is basically like the NBA and NFL getting their athletes from the Ivy League. We have apparently improved a lot at soccer over the last 30 years though.

When looking at it as black vs. white, you’re missing the fastest growing demographic in our country (and it’s one that has a high interest in soccer).

When looking at it as black vs. white, you’re missing the fastest growing demographic in our country (and it’s one that has a high interest in soccer).

It's like baseball. It is an all white sport now because black kids don't play it. They are never going to play soccer at the levels that would make the US dominate.

If concussion research continues like it is, it might happen. But the US will play flag football that will be way more entertaining than soccer.

I’d guess more like 22 million. No USA in it and not as good of a time slot will hurt, but overall growth if the game will help.

I guess it depends on who is in the final.  If no team from the western hemisphere is playing, I would guess even less than 20 million.  

It's like baseball. It is an all white sport now because black kids don't play it. They are never going to play soccer at the levels that would make the US dominate.

If concussion research continues like it is, it might happen. But the US will play flag football that will be way more entertaining than soccer.

Interesting. 

May be soccer's only real chance. Basketball/baseball likely get much more players but then there are still gonna be so many left over. 

Interesting. 

May be soccer's only real chance. Basketball/baseball likely get much more players but then there are still gonna be so many left over.

Well, football is already a version of flag football right now. All they have to do is take off the pads.

Tackle football will not be played in high schools in 20 years but a multi-billion dollar indusry is not going to go away especially when the rules just have to be tweaked.

The new version of football will probably be more popular than ever and will increase athleticism.