Save the date - chic filet dress like a cow day

mikeman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late 40s/early 50s??

Trying to guess your age based on the photo. 

58, I live  clean, eat well, engage in a vigorous and satisfying exercise program. I retired last year, have plenty of money(my funds went up by 30K in the first 10 days of july joey)...the world is my oyster.

Having said that. I partake in free chicken sandwiches with the best of them.

I'm hitting vegas again late august if anyone wants to hang out and live large!

58, I live  clean, eat well, engage in a vigorous and satisfying exercise program. I retired last year, have plenty of money(my funds went up by 30K in the first 10 days of july joey)...the world is my oyster.

That's cool. Thanks for answering. Thought you'd say maybe 49 gonna be 50 but damn, near 60 already. 

I got a quarter century to think about that but still seems weird to imagine. Were you always conservative or did age make you firmer in those beliefs?

That's cool. Thanks for answering. Thought you'd say maybe 49 gonna be 50 but damn, near 60 already. 

I got a quarter century to think about that but still seems weird to imagine. Were you always conservative or did age make you firmer in those beliefs?

I think i mentioned I went to a Jerry brown for president rally in 1980(at the U of Minnesota), back then it was thinkable to vote democratic, those days are long gone.

I do remember being 12, in 6th grade, and the teacher was talking about the 72 election, it was Nixon, vs Humphrey. It was early in the primaries and i was the only one in class for George Wallace. The teacher got upset and talked about how he stood on the steps of a university to stop a black man from being admitted, I told her I like him anyway, wallace used to rail against the pointy headed liberals.

I think i mentioned I went to a Jerry brown for president rally in 1980(at the U of Minnesota), back then it was thinkable to vote democratic, those days are long gone.

I do remember being 12, in 6th grade, and the teacher was talking about the 72 election, it was Nixon, vs Humphrey. It was early in the primaries and i was the only one in class for George Wallace. The teacher got upset and talked about how he stood on the steps of a university to stop a black man from being admitted, I told her I like him anyway, wallace used to rail against the pointy headed liberals.

Damn. 

How were you with Reagan?? Liked him all the way, or sorta dissed at first and grew to really appreciate??

Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Establishment Conservatives then trying to keep him from running/winning but then later rallied around him?? Seems all too similar to Trump--who btw was connected to Iran-Contra, I believe. 

Damn. 

How were you with Reagan?? Liked him all the way, or sorta dissed at first and grew to really appreciate??

Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Establishment Conservatives then trying to keep him from running/winning but then later rallied around him?? Seems all too similar to Trump--who btw was connected to Iran-Contra, I believe. 

I was for reagan, back then the hatred of him was exactly like the hatred of trump, he was stupid, would start a war, etc, the whole nine yards.

By the way, Iran/contra was a very good thing, we sold weapons to iran that didn't work, and used the proceeds to fund anti-communist rebels fighting the sandinistas, now the crazy libs make it look like it was mostly related to drugs, that's bullshit. The contras were the good guys,   the sandinistas were the bad guys, and Ollie north was the hero.

I was for reagan, back then the hatred of him was exactly like the hatred of trump, he was stupid, would start a war, etc, the whole nine yards.

By the way, Iran/contra was a very good thing, we sold weapons to iran that didn't work, and used the proceeds to fund anti-communist rebels fighting the sandinistas, now the crazy libs make it look like it was mostly related to drugs, that's bullshit. The contras were the good guys,   the sandinistas were the bad guys, and Ollie north was the hero.

Wasn't the big issue with that in them circumventing Congress??

I just know that I saw headlines where Trump was a money man back then and that was part of what convinced me that he was gonna win---as he's been connected for years. 

Take pictures of the Travelodge for us, pal.

Wasn't the big issue with that in them circumventing Congress??

I just know that I saw headlines where Trump was a money man back then and that was part of what convinced me that he was gonna win---as he's been connected for years. 

Yea, congress had prohibited what they did, that's why the need for shenanigans, congress was worthless even back then, nothing ever changes. I dont think trump had anything to do with that.