So This Fucking Happened

Downsouth

Out of town on vacation and get call that my house was broken into last night

Rush home this morning and they did a number on it. They even stole my commercial lawn mower amd trailer. Had way to much cash loose and my wife left her wedding set as she didnt want to lose it at the beach. Used my truck as well. Left a half smoked cigarette butt and ashes all over it.

Shit is brutal, wife freaked out, kids dont know how to react. I really hate fucking people.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of town on vacation and get call that my house was broken into last night

Rush home this morning and they did a number on it. They even stole my commercial lawn mower amd trailer. Had way to much cash loose and my wife left her wedding set as she didnt want to lose it at the beach. Used my truck as well. Left a half smoked cigarette butt and ashes all over it.

Shit is brutal, wife freaked out, kids dont know how to react. I really hate fucking people.

seems like someone who knows you or the family. Timing way to convenient, especially to feel comfortable driving.

seems like someone who knows you or the family. Timing way to convenient, especially to feel comfortable driving.

Yes, amd they knew way to well where things were kept. Small pool of people as we make it a point to try and stay anon.

We had a house/pet sitter and thats direction were looking at.

ugh sorry to hear

please pass along my best wishes to the family... i know it's tough now but try to remember it's just STUFF and at least you're all ok

And thats what we have been telling kids. Theyre 7 and 4 and are young/innocent enough to fully grasp what has actaully happened.

homeowner's insurance usually doesn't cover jewelry or cash

Nope. 1500 Jewelry. We had seperate floater or whatever its called on wife weddong ring but rest of jewelry were screwed on. (Maybe 15k value)

Cash im fucked on but at least i had cleared a lot of cash out of house recently.

A lot of higher end electronics, tablets, game systems, china, and a 9k lawnmower.

Still processing and not sure how insurance policy works on those things.

I would think most have a valuables policy.... ie jewlery policy.

some might, I would doubt most

no way am I paying $500/year to insure $30k worth of jewelry... if you had one robbery in your lifetime you would still pay way more for the insurance (factoring in present value of money/inflation) than what was eventually stolen

the fuck it doesn't

I Know with 100% certainty it does

Had cash stolen from my car, along with other shit once.

All paid back after deductible, home owners policy

Homeowners Insurance policies automatically exclude coverage for loss of cash, stocks, bonds, fine jewelry and furs unless they are itemized and scheduled for coverage under your policy prior to a loss.

it might cover a nominal amount like a few hundred bucks, but no way is it gonna cover $50k of cash just because you told them you had it

some might, I would doubt most

no way am I paying $500/year to insure $30k worth of jewelry... if you had one robbery in your lifetime you would still pay way more for the insurance (factoring in present value of money/inflation) than what was eventually stolen

Yeah, we had a cheap policy covering her wedding ring(think its 90/year) and that covered various losses of it. She wanted it so i gave it to her. Wouldnt have paid the floater for rest of it as costs didnt justify.

Homeowners Insurance policies automatically exclude coverage for loss of cash, stocks, bonds, fine jewelry and furs unless they are itemized and scheduled for coverage under your policy prior to a loss.

it might cover a nominal amount like a few hundred bucks, but no way is it gonna cover $50k of cash just because you told them you had it

Mine covers $500 cash and $1500 jewelry.