How much does a root canal go for?

D-Hustle

trying to make an appointment.  sent a message at 5am and still didn't get a response.

Cmon wade, when I needed a root canal the dentist(his office) called the endodontist and they got me in that afternoon, they do that all the time, the root canal itself takes almost no time(mine took less than 30 min, you spend more time waiting for the numbing agent to take effect than the procedure itself).

And by the way, why would you leave a message in the middle of the night, why not call during office hours and speak to them?

the root canal itself takes almost no time(mine took less than 30 min, you spend more time waiting for the numbing agent to take effect than the procedure itself).

Only 30 minutes?  

Ive only had one and it was about 15 years ago.  But it lasted at least 2 hours.  I remember because they had a TV on the ceiling and I watched Remember the Titans and finished the whole movie before they were done. 

Only 30 minutes?  

Ive only had one and it was about 15 years ago.  But it lasted at least 2 hours.  I remember because they had a TV on the ceiling and I watched Remember the Titans and finished the whole movie before they were done. 

Was it a molar? Mine was a front tooth with 1 root, you might have has 3 roots. I prob spent 20-25 min sitting in the chair while they numbed it, maybe 25 min for the canal, then they put in a temp filling(which is replaced by your dentist with a permanent one in a week or so). I was prob there for 1.25 hrs.

I recall the guy said i prob dont need any numbing because the root is infected and therefore dead, but i said to do it just in case.

it was quite interesting, he would take instant x-rays as he went to make sure he hit bottom, extremely efficient.

Was it a molar? Mine was a front tooth with 1 root, you might have has 3 roots. I prob spent 20-25 min sitting in the chair while they numbed it, maybe 25 min for the canal, then they put in a temp filling(which is replaced by your dentist with a permanent one in a week or so). I was prob there for 1.25 hrs.

I recall the guy said i prob dont need any numbing because the root is infected and therefore dead, but i said to do it just in case.

Yeah. Was a molar. And put a temp crown on like you said. Permanent crown put on by regular dentist about a week later.

Yeah. Was a molar. And put a temp crown on like you said. Permanent crown put on by regular dentist about a week later.

I didn't need a crown, just a temp filling(followed by a permanent one), with the front teeth they can make a small hole and go straight down(thus no crown), with molars I was told they have to remove a lot of tooth to get all the roots so a crown is likely.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...