RIP EOG?

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull up a chair Inkwell.

You still teaching over in Goodyear?

Nah, i got a real-ish type of it/technician job, it is soooooooo much easier than teaching. I like teaching math, but i just cant really take the stress very well and i would take it out on myself. Work 12 hour days, go in on the weekends, explode and yell at particular kids. The principal always told me i was doing great, wanted me back, but it just wasnt right.

I have thought about going to teach English overseas. A teaching colleague left our school last year to do it and she has enjoyed it.

I thought about moving up to high school, the principal at Sunrise Mountain told me I could work there a few months ago, but i didnt pursue it.

It is funny, i am still in the sub database from when i started teaching and there are still positions open daily all over lol. The year just started!

Also, the school i was at grew which made the job harder. 1st 2 years were at a tiny church. Last year the new building opened and enrollment had to increase (we were paid in the summer to go to apartment complexes and other areas to recruit parents/students lol)

The expansion caused a lot more issues as i am sure you understand. I was teaching classes with like 14 kids when i started there to going to like 25 kids in some. Was way better than when i was teaching 40+ at a different school, but still.....

Nah, i got a real-ish type of it/technician job, it is soooooooo much easier than teaching. I like teaching math, but i just cant really take the stress very well and i would take it out on myself. Work 12 hour days, go in on the weekends, explode and yell at particular kids. The principal always told me i was doing great, wanted me back, but it just wasnt right.

I have thought about going to teach English overseas. A teaching colleague left our school last year to do it and she has enjoyed it.

I thought about moving up to high school, the principal at Sunrise Mountain told me I could work there a few months ago, but i didnt pursue it.

It is funny, i am still in the sub database from when i started teaching and there are still positions open daily all over lol. The year just started!

Good for you.  Teaching sucks.  My advice is to never go back. 

The sub line.  LOL.  That shit used to blow up my phone back in the day after I got done student teaching.  Graduated in the winter so I subbed for half a year before getting my first job. 

Sunrise Mountain HS.   I live pretty close to there...