OT: I'm learning Chinese (Mandarin)

KingRevolver

Waaaay easier than I thought. They don't even have conjugations. Makes it much simpler to learn. The four tones are a bit tough sometimes, but overall I'm enjoying learning it.

I'm hoping to order Chinese take-out over the phone... maybe later this week. I'll make a video to see if they understand me.

It'll really come in handy when I go for my massages. :hurray

Might end up scoring a Chinese broad, boys. Fuck these American broads... too much trouble.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand most of this without having to look it up. Scary.

Chinese Mandarin is a simple language. The hard part are the tones. But the sentence structure is easy peasy.

I'm going to be 190 pounds and speak decent Mandarin by the end of the year!

Simple for you, but tough for me.

But getting an Asian women is simple for me, as tough for you.

Good shit Kinger.

I turn 40 in a few months. (Fml I’m old) and I decided I was going to make a few goals for the next year. One is to either master Spanish so I’m truly fluent, or give another language a try. Japanese and Mandarin are my top 2 choices.

Mandarin would likely help me much more given world demographics and the fact my profession has a disproportional number of Chinese people, but japan has always fascinated me and I’m planning to go there next year.

Another reason for Mandarin is I found tutor in my city who happens to be smoking hot, not sure if that’s a good or bad thing, though. Also have friends who could help me practice.