Thoughts on the NFL Players kneeling?

Machiavelli

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a serious question about this whole matter...

How do you guys think this will end?  

It will slowly peter out, the whole kneeling thing has become increasingly boring.

The media keeps reporting on it just to try and push people’s buttons and push their agenda.

People in general and Americans in particular have very short attention spans, very soon most people will have moved on to some other topic and won’t care a whit about players kneeling for the anthem.

It will slowly peter out, the whole kneeling thing has become increasingly boring.

The media keeps reporting on it just to try and push people’s buttons and push their agenda.

People in general and Americans in particular have very short attention spans, very soon most people will have moved on to some other topic and won’t care a whit about players kneeling for the anthem.

He said peter out.  

Otherwise spot on. 

This is 100% the NFLs fault. If you put in place a rule this ends..... that is not what the league wants.

Also, Trump is an idiot for never being above such drama. Dude loves to talk smack instead of just pointing out flaws and letting the people contemplate. It is what it is.

No you are idiot! It's obvious you don't know what the flag stands for. Maybe it's not your fault for not having a civics class in HS.

I have a serious question about this whole matter...

How do you guys think this will end?  

I think the NFLPA and the owners come to an agreement before the season starts.   What that is, I don't know, but it must be something signed off by both sides. 

Maybe allow a kneeling/protesting period of a few seconds before and after the song?   

Whatever it is, it won't satisfy everyone like the Idiot Drumpf and his cultists,  that wants to keep this non issue alive.  

If you are a veteran, then majority have a big issue with NFL players kneeling.

My father was in Vietnam. He fought so that people could peacefully stand, kneel, or fucking lay there. If USA had lost the Cold War and subsequent regular war to the USSR, then maybe we would be REQUIRED to stand on PAIN OF DEATH. Glad it didn't work out that way.

Done.

The thing that really started it was the business decision by owners (hard to blame them) of protecting their highest-paid, most valuable "inventory": the quarterback.

This, and the Mel Blount rule, which then led to the illegal contact rule after 5 yards, which led to the defenseless receiver rule, which is now leading to the helmet to helmet rule.  Everything designed to not let Defenses play Defense.  

I wonder if black people get mad that beta whites hold them in such low esteem that they think they have to stick up for them at every turn. I’d be furious if I were black and had real gripes , but every time I tried to voice them a bunch of spoiled white pussies always drowned me out by stealing my argument and/or narrative.

never said nobody did anything

but let's take the bucks salaries, that's $100 million/year... if only 10% of that was given to local inner cities, imagine the impact, that could provide adequate food and housing to every single homeless and starving person in milwaukee

instead we're given lip service about people donating $50,000 or other such nonsense... when an athlete makes $20 million/year, the net cost of donating (after income taxes/estate taxes) is about 30%

so an athlete could give $10 million/year to charity and it would only cost him $3 million. and 99% of them still don't do it

U dont know that alot of them dont chose to flash there charity all over the news.

My father was in Vietnam. He fought so that people could peacefully stand, kneel, or fucking lay there. If USA had lost the Cold War and subsequent regular war to the USSR, then maybe we would be REQUIRED to stand on PAIN OF DEATH. Glad it didn't work out that way.

Done.

Never seen an argument that said they dont have a right to kneel or whatever. Have seen plenty though where people find it disrespectful.

Weird and irrational change of topic. But for the record - also dumb AF.

No thats the ultimate disrespect of the flag also university of missisippi before the game literally runs around the field with confederate flag educate yourself on the topic and realize trump is a bitter troll who the nfl didnt want as a owner. He is controlled by russia he is also a walking disrespect to the flag.