Get ready to bet at Buffalo Wild Wings

Always Call Heads

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand by my earlier suggestion, and here's why:

Most folks are not only casual, rec type players but there is also gonna need to be a way to get new players in.....and new casual, rec guys who play with 50 for the thrill and likely lose more often than not. 

So you have a place like B Dubs offer a place to watch the games and get a handful of wings when you place a min wager of let's say 50 or so. Someone who hasn't really played before can justify the bet as the experience of hanging there, having a good time and maybe getting lucky. So they stay, have their wings and a bet going but end up buying more to eat as well as paying for drinks, etc. 

Over time, this creates many more new players and likely most of them are losers. But grows the brand and has folks happy with their experiences. 

I realize this does not serve to attract the sharp players or anything but I'd venture to guess that grabbing as many casual rec types as they can would be more profitable anyway. Why risk getting beat by the sharp MonkeyFockers of the world when you can take little bits of Mach Money at a time?

I stand by my earlier suggestion, and here's why:

Most folks are not only casual, rec type players but there is also gonna need to be a way to get new players in.....and new casual, rec guys who play with 50 for the thrill and likely lose more often than not. 

So you have a place like B Dubs offer a place to watch the games and get a handful of wings when you place a min wager of let's say 50 or so. Someone who hasn't really played before can justify the bet as the experience of hanging there, having a good time and maybe getting lucky. So they stay, have their wings and a bet going but end up buying more to eat as well as paying for drinks, etc. 

Over time, this creates many more new players and likely most of them are losers. But grows the brand and has folks happy with their experiences. 

I realize this does not serve to attract the sharp players or anything but I'd venture to guess that grabbing as many casual rec types as they can would be more profitable anyway. Why risk getting beat by the sharp MonkeyFockers of the world when you can take little bits of Mach Money at a time?

It's a good idea based on today's way of betting. But once it goes online, it is not really going to work. I am sure they would still take a lot of bets in the place but it would not be worth the expense of it all.

Problem here is the US is so backward with gambling that these ideas are going to become outdated almost immediately.

It's a good idea based on today's way of betting. But once it goes online, it is not really going to work. I am sure they would still take a lot of bets in the place but it would not be worth the expense of it all.

Problem here is the US is so backward with gambling that these ideas are going to become outdated almost immediately.

Idk. 

I think serving the casual fan is the key. 

And there should be many ways to do so.