Do any of you currently play any sports?

KingRevolver

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pal I'd play you on your home course without any range time or prior play throughs and I'd beat you by 10-15+.

This would make you literally the greatest golfer of all time. Better than Tiger, Jack and Arnie all rolled into 1 lol.

Timely claims to shoot 59-64 on courses with a slope of 135 or higher. LOL.

Timely, I’d kill you on the golf course. Not talking shit, just stating the facts. Please, stop.

This would make you literally the greatest golfer of all time. Better than Tiger, Jack and Arnie all rolled into 1 lol.

Timely claims to shoot 59-64 on courses with a slope of 135 or higher. LOL.

Timely, I’d kill you on the golf course. Not talking shit, just stating the facts. Please, stop.

yes, I am sure you're near a scratch golfer on nice courses.

Maybe only one poster I've ever posted with that I believe is shooting in the low 70's at good courses on a good day and that's weinke.

I dont lie about my game. Golf way to humbling. I shoot in the low 80s and I'll usually break 80 once or twice a year on good courses from back tees from 6800-7300 yards. Played with a lot of talkers, very few provers. Played as a 6-7 most of last year.

Maybe only one poster I've ever posted with that I believe is shooting in the low 70's at good courses on a good day and that's weinke.

No, I’m not scratch. You Claimed you would beat me by “15+ strokes”. I was being a bit sarcastic, but I think even you can understand my point.

Look dude, I routinely shoot 80-83 on two very difficult courses, one with a slope of 136and the other with a slope of 140. Both just over 7,000 yards from the tips. Please don’t claim you would break 80 on a 140/7,000+ yard course

Honestly dude I think we’re in two totally different ballparks golf wise. I would embarrass you. Again, I’m not talking shit. If you ever come out to SoCal, I’d be open to a TGF Golf classic between the two of us to settle this (I ain’t ever com8 g to play you in dreary Illinois, sorry)

If you get good, it's because you practice a lot. If you're good and don't practice, you're no longer good.

Golf is a massive time suck.

This is only kind of true. I never practice but I've gotten worse since I played daily running a golf course. That said, my peak ability is still the same but my consistency round to round is shit and my score ranges are much wider than they were. I hate the range. I just like to play. Putting and short game is the part that fades the most.

I dont lie about my game. Golf way to humbling. I shoot in the low 80s and I'll usually break 80 once or twice a year on good courses from back tees from 6800-7300 yards. Played with a lot of talkers, very few provers. Played as a 6-7 most of last year.

I am about an 18 handicap so yeah I'll need 10.

You can be good if you start young.

And it might be a time suck but if you enjoy it and have fun then it’s not.

If you're good when you're young and don't continue to play frequently, you'll get frustrated by the game and it is no longer fun.

If you're not swinging a club regularly, you're going to lose your mechanics.  That's when the game loses its appeal.  At least for me.

Maybe don’t take your anecdotal deficiencies and assume they apply universally to the rest of us.

I used to play 4-5 days a week and was a true 0. Now I have two small children and play once every 2 weeks so I’m a 4. I still love the game and enjoy playing even though I get frustrated when my wedges aren’t crisp (for me that’s where the difference in strokes are...from 70-140 I’m no longer -300 to get it up and down in 2). It’s not swing mechanics that have left me, it’s the touch involved with short game.

Maybe don’t take your anecdotal deficiencies and assume they apply universally to the rest of us.

I used to play 4-5 days a week and was a true 0. Now I have two small children and play once every 2 weeks so I’m a 4. I still love the game and enjoy playing even though I get frustrated when my wedges aren’t crisp (for me that’s where the difference in strokes are...from 70-140 I’m no longer -300 to get it up and down in 2). It’s not swing mechanics that have left me, it’s the touch involved with short game.

yeah, you either have the feel with your wedges or you dont. It's not there every day like it is when you play a ton. Driver is always on and off but irons are usually always there for me. They haven't really changed production wise for me.