Do any of you currently play any sports?

KingRevolver

playing as a 9/10 this year. Not a lot of rounds though. Give you 5 lol

I have played 100 rounds in the past 2.5 years and I swear I am getting worse. Playing too often gives you too much time Fucking with your swing and putt. I was better when I played 10 times a year.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe don’t take your anecdotal deficiencies and assume they apply universally to the rest of us.

I used to play 4-5 days a week and was a true 0. Now I have two small children and play once every 2 weeks so I’m a 4. I still love the game and enjoy playing even though I get frustrated when my wedges aren’t crisp (for me that’s where the difference in strokes are...from 70-140 I’m no longer -300 to get it up and down in 2). It’s not swing mechanics that have left me, it’s the touch involved with short game.

Umm.  Did you not see me say "at least for me"?  JFC.

You're proving my point.  Touch, mechanics same thing.  Take a bit longer off.  Try living in the snow for six months without touching a club and see how well you're swinging come May.  Enjoy putting in hours and hours at the range when spring comes.  Or else you're gonna get frustrated.

i have actually a few times. mattamy centre is what i think they call it now. nice rink, its on 2nd floor (maybe 3rd?). its a nice building, home of the ryerson rams

Right. There’s a grocery store on the main floor I think.

I skated there once in some men’s league game and scored two goals. We won 3-0.

BAUS

Umm. Did you not see me say "at least for me"? JFC.

You're proving my point. Touch, mechanics same thing. Take a bit longer off. Try living in the snow for six months without touching a club and see how well you're swinging come May. Enjoy putting in hours and hours at the range when spring comes. Or else you're gonna get frustrated.

I hit the ball great after months off. No bad thoughts and a natural swing. Never hit the range.

You’re projecting

Umm. Did you not see me say "at least for me"? JFC.

You're proving my point. Touch, mechanics same thing. Take a bit longer off. Try living in the snow for six months without touching a club and see how well you're swinging come May. Enjoy putting in hours and hours at the range when spring comes. Or else you're gonna get frustrated.

I put them away for 4 months a year (november-february). Never feel like I lose my sing but it does obviously get better as the year goes on. Think you're being a hit over the top about your game disappearing after layoffs though. I would say if you just found your game - meaning it clicked at the end of one season - it wont carry over to the next but a 7 isnt suddenly gonna be a 15 the next year because of a layoff.

Right. There’s a grocery store on the main floor I think.

I skated there once in some men’s league game and scored two goals. We won 3-0.

BAUS

loblaws down below

good stuff! i think those are run by an organization called true north. i figured you were from alberta or manitoba area for some reason, didnt know you were from ontario

I put them away for 4 months a year (november-february). Never feel like I lose my sing but it does obviously get better as the year goes on. Think you're being a hit over the top about your game disappearing after layoffs though. I would say if you just found your game - meaning it clicked at the end of one season - it wont carry over to the next but a 7 isnt suddenly gonna be a 15 the next year because of a layoff.

So, you just start playing courses and don't hit the range at all?  That's what you're saying?  Please.

So, you just start playing courses and don't hit the range at all? That's what you're saying? Please.

yes. I haven't been to a range in probably 3 years. I dont enjoy driving ranges. I dont even find them that beneficial for me. I dont even warm up at a range before a round. I do go to the putt and chip area though. My swing is pretty natural to me at this point.

loblaws down below

good stuff! i think those are run by an organization called true north. i figured you were from alberta or manitoba area for some reason, didnt know you were from ontario

Im not from Ontario but I was there for a little while and this team offered me a case of beer to skate with them so I did.

BAUS

So, if you took off for two years, how many strokes do you lose? None?

I mean I've lost 2 strokes over last year by playing less but my top scores are still the same. My game just has more variance to it. I'm not saying nothing changes, I'm just saying it's not that significant. 2 years? Idk because I've never done it. Maybe 3-5?