Joeybags, check in Por Favor

Henry The Stiff

I asked you this yesterday in a thread but maybe you missed it...I’m considering joining a HIIT gym near my place. I’m bored of my mundane workouts and looking to get cut, workout more efficiently and have more fun while I work out. Also my back is stating to kill me due to sit-ups.

I know you are in the fitness world and have seen u state u own a gym so I know you probably know about HIIT? Can you give me your thoughts/feedback/advice on this?

This is kinda a yuppie gym where an unlimited monthly memebership is $180/mo. Cheaper memberships for 2or 3times a week only. Is this reasonable? Should I be do8 g 3 of these workouts a week? Does your gym offer HIIT or is it a traditional gym?

Also, I considered CrossFit and took an intro class and did not like it. I’m not looking to do Olympic style weight lifting. So if it’s like CrossFit maybe I won’t like it but my understanding is that it’s quite different. Lots of questions I know, if u could give me your thoughts when u have a chance I’d really appreciate it. My brother has gotten into HIIT and loves it and he’s looking good, not super jacked, but LEAN and CUT. Says he feels the best he’s ever felt, he doesn’t shut up about it.

All HITT is is interval training. You don’t need some special gym.

Read up on TABATA intervals.

Best part is that it takes a fraction of the time of traditional cardio and it helps you lean out way quicker.

Will check it out. Been watching a some HIIT videos on YouTube. I’m thinking I’m going to get into this. Time for Mango to start working our smarter and more efficiently.

I’m thinking I might joking a class or gym just to be in a group exercise setting which I believe would be more fun and motivate me more to actually do it, at least to start

Joey what kind of gym do you own? Don’t need to tell me the name of it, but traditional gym or is it one of these specialized ones popping up?

It’s a private personal training studio. 90% of people are middle aged or older and rich.

Clients work out with one of our trainers and have access to use the gym during off hours on their own.

Looking for a bigger space right now as we have a trainer working for us who is pretty famous and could easily see way more clients if we had the space as we currently never have more than 2 trainers working w clients at the same time. Some clients book odd hours at crazy high rates (200+ per hour) to avoid anyone but them and their trainer being there.

These sorts of workouts are solid. The only time I got really really shredded was when I did these sort of workouts for my cardio.

I’d also lift 3x a week. In addition, I’d do tabata intervals 20/10 (sprint 20 seconds , walk 10) for 10 minutes. I guarantee doing that is wayyyy more efficient in burning calories and burning fat than really cardio.

I’d start doing 20/10 for 4 mins to start. I know it sounds easy, but if you really push yourself to an all out sprint on every rep, you’ll get an amazing workout.

It’s a private personal training studio. 90% of people are middle aged or older and rich.

Clients work out with one of our trainers and have access to use the gym during off hours on their own.

Looking for a bigger space right now as we have a trainer working for us who is pretty famous and could easily see way more clients if we had the space as we currently never have more than 2 trainers working w clients at the same time. Some clients book odd hours at crazy high rates (200+ per hour) to avoid anyone but them and their trainer being there.

Interesting, that’s cool. You the sole owner or a partner?

These sorts of workouts are solid. The only time I got really really shredded was when I did these sort of workouts for my cardio.

I’d also lift 3x a week. In addition, I’d do tabata intervals 20/10 (sprint 20 seconds , walk 10) for 10 minutes. I guarantee doing that is wayyyy more efficient in burning calories and burning fat than really cardio.

I’d start doing 20/10 for 4 mins to start. I know it sounds easy, but if you really push yourself to an all out sprint on every rep, you’ll get an amazing workout.

Yeah, this is what I had in mind and exactly what I’m looking to start doing

3x a week?

Yeah, this is what I had in mind and exactly what I’m looking to start doing

3x a week?

I’d do circuit 2-3x per week. Lift 3x. Do intervals a few times as well. You’ll lean out quick as long as your diet is reasonable.

I find lifting and doing intervals right after work best for me, but sometimes when you’re just starting up, it can be tough to stay motivated to push yourself after being tired from lifting.