Free $750 when you open an HSBC Premier checking account

WVU

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is excellent. This is about as good as it gets if you have the money available.

I thought I saw 2%, but looks like I’m seeing 1.5 now

CBIC has 2.10. Guess I’ll have to do some math to see which one would make more sense.

Man it’s tough to make safe money. Might have to throw more in Prosper.

CBIC has 2.10. Guess I’ll have to do some math to see which one would make more sense.

Yeah, that seemed very high. Thought maybe they were making a big push or something. You have to check to see how long you have to hold it and then take it out right away. Will probably make a good rate during that time. It will be worth doing.

Yeah, that seemed very high. Thought maybe they were making a big push or something. You have to check to see how long you have to hold it and then take it out right away. Will probably make a good rate during that time. It will be worth doing.

I did the math, and yes you are right. It is a better deal to do it even at 1.5 for three months. I hate moving shit around though, and usually don’t do it, or delay doing it, which is why I’ve got too much money sitting in a negligible interest-bearing checking account right now.

When are ten percent interest rates coming back lol?

You were one of a few who I thought would be interested.  :)

Yeah...I’ve been lazy on my BTC gains and it has cost me a bit...also was trying to avoid a Wells Fargo SARS...I paid my taxes, but just have a bad feeling about an audit. But it’s stupid to leave it there...opened the HSBC this morning... Literally had just been thinking I have to do this this week, so I’m glad you saved me the legwork for the most part!

and to think I was getting shit for posting this thread...

some people only want to bash while others really do try to help people.

I think it’s just that when you are younger, as many posters, especially if you have a family, and gamble lol...the idea that you would have save any real amount of money seems impossible...pretty sure everyone here had a negative net worth at some point in their life...so I get it...but if It helps one or two people, worth posting.

We also need to revive the credit card bonus thread.

I didn't say it was better.  But can Americans open an account there?

RBC(Royal Bank of Canada) trades on the NYSE look at the charts

Canadian banks have a virtual monopoly

Safest investment ever and along with a 4% dividend there’s appreciation

Keep all my retirement funds in banks and utilities

Be careful with Prosper I can see a lot of defaults happening in the next year

Financing has been too loose in the last little while

I did the math, and yes you are right. It is a better deal to do it even at 1.5 for three months. I hate moving shit around though, and usually don’t do it, or delay doing it, which is why I’ve got too much money sitting in a negligible interest-bearing checking account right now.

When are ten percent interest rates coming back lol?

Money market mutual funds are paying 2% now. Open a Vanguard MM and link it to the savings account and then zap it out to the MM.

Be careful with Prosper I can see a lot of defaults happening in the next year

Financing has been too loose in the last little while

When I do that I am very diversified....like extremely diversified. Definitely did OK with it, but I didn’t have much in there. It was a trial, and then I got lazy, and didn’t want to review all the apps, or trust their algorithms. Still way better than a savings account, but yeah, would not feel comfortable having too much in there....too many Brocks out there.

When I do that I am very diversified....like extremely diversified. Definitely did OK with it, but I didn’t have much in there. It was a trial, and then I got lazy, and didn’t want to review all the apps, or trust their algorithms. Still way better than a savings account, but yeah, would not feel comfortable having too much in there....too many Brocks out there.

Don’t think I will matter how diversified you are when the crunch comes

You have to remember people that are willing to pay a higher interest rate have generally used all their other borrowing options and you will be an unsecured lender

Don’t think I will matter how diversified you are when the crunch comes

You have to remember people that are willing to pay a higher interest rate have generally used all their other borrowing options and you will be an unsecured lender

Many of these people pay a LOWER interest rate....and there are screens. No sub prime borrowers...they have different risk classifications.

RBC(Royal Bank of Canada) trades on the NYSE look at the charts

Canadian banks have a virtual monopoly

Safest investment ever and along with a 4% dividend there’s appreciation

Keep all my retirement funds in banks and utilities

oh it is a stock, lol.  I thought you found a bank with 4% interest on deposits

Well I was doing a few private mortgage loans but got cold feet in the last few months

Personally think people that need to use anything other than conventional financing are on their last legs as far as borrowing money

Good luck

Getting an unsecured loan from a bank is difficult, which leaves many to use credit cards with higher interest rates. I think you have it backwards. But in any case, there will still be defaults and if you have a lot on the wrong loan you will get burned. But if you spread your money around $25-$100 per loanI still think your odds are pretty good.

Getting an unsecured loan from a bank is difficult, which leaves many to use credit cards with higher interest rates. I think you have it backwards. But in any case, there will still be defaults and if you have a lot on the wrong loan you will get burned. But if you spread your money around $25-$100 per loanI still think your odds are pretty good.

Well when prosper had all the defaults it was because of the financial crisis

You were lending money when the times were good just wait and see when the shit hits the fan

By unsecured I mean you as the lender.People will try to pay keep their house and cars before they pay Prosper

Well when prosper had all the defaults it was because of the financial crisis

You were lending money when the times were good just wait and see when the shit hits the fan

By unsecured I mean you as the lender.People will try to pay keep their house and cars before they pay Prosper

They also didn’t have the strict credit standards they do now. I don’t disagree though,. People will always pay their mortgage and their car payment before something secured.