Do you believe the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh?

WVU

sexual assault?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Did the sexual assault happen in your opinion?

• Yes
    • No
    • on the fence

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs a full investigation.   Right now, we can only answer based on our political views.    We might never know, but full vetting of people in their lives at the time should be attempted.  

The bigger question  is would the Cultists in the Senate vote him through, even if it was apparent that he was guilty of this crime 35 years ago.   Sadly, I think they would.  We are at a place in our country where right and wrong don't matter anymore, only which side you're on.  

I would like to hear more from them both and get a little better idea of the complete story.  I think there should be an FBI investigation into the allegation. 

It seems credible enough to at least take some time to check into it and if her story doesn't check out the confirmation vote moves ahead. Will be interest to see if any other information would come to light with a bit more digging and how they both react to question from an independent counsel in a public setting.  Also would be nice to see more of the information on Kavanaugh that Republicans have fought so hard to hide now that he seems to have potentially lied on a couple of occasions to committees. 

There is no reason for this huge rush.

I would like to hear more from them both and get a little better idea of the complete story. I think there should be an FBI investigation into the allegation.

It seems credible enough to at least take some time to check into it and if her story doesn't check out the confirmation vote moves ahead.

Check into what? It is 36 year old claim and all the details of both sides’ story are basically already know. Unless you want to claim a Trump level of superhuman abilities to read people, like his dictatorial heroes, nothing new is coming out about this almost 4 decade old he said / she said.

Check into what? It is 36 year old claim and all the details of both sides’ story are basically already know. Unless you want to claim a Trump level of superhuman abilities to read people, like his dictatorial heroes, nothing new is coming out about this almost 4 decade old he said / she said.

If he did it then no matter the time frame it's def not okay and cannot be overlooked from a person being voted on for the highest court in the land.  If her story is bs and he didn't do it then he has nothing to worry about.

But let's take some time to make sure and get as much as the facts as possible from both sides.  What is so wrong about that? What's the big rush? 

If he did it then no matter the time frame it's def not okay and cannot be overlooked from a person being voted on for the highest court in the land. If her story is bs and he didn't do it then he has nothing to worry about.

But let's take some time to make sure and get as much as the facts as possible from both sides. What is so wrong about that? What's the big rush?

How does he have nothing to worry about if he didn't do it? There is no way we will know who is lying unless they fess up.

I'm not going to vote, but who cares, lets see, she claims she doesn't remember even what year it was, where it was, where she came from, where she went, why she was there...but she remembers him and his name from almost 40 years ago? Then there are claims that she talked about it 6 years ago with her husband and therapist, yea, but back then she didn't bother to bring his name out , only now has she mentioned a name.

#1 - a 17 yr old might have tried to grope a 15 yr old 40 years ago at a drunken party, but nothing happened, that's not even a crime if it happened today.

#2 they were both juveniles

#3 - she never dated him but she remembers his name, I dont even remember the names of everyone I dated, let alone one time meets - not likely.

#4 - she is a very anti- trump activist - pretty convenient to find her and her story in the woodwork huh?

#5 - sounds like everyone else cavenaugh has ever dated or interacted with, says this is not the type of behavior he's ever shown.

How does he have nothing to worry about if he didn't do it? There is no way we will know who is lying unless they fess up.

She carries the burden here and why not take the time to let the feds investigate and then have her speak publicly under oath. Let an independent counsel question them both and if they feel her story is bs and doesn't hold up then Kavanaugh is cleared and the vote proceeds in a few weeks etc.

I am not saying he is guilty of doing it so far we have yet to see any real evidence and we may never could be a clear he said she said but at the same time its such a high post in this country that we should at least hear her story and see how credible it may or may not be. 

We may never know the real truth but lets at least not be foolish and rush past these kinds of allegations. If her story is bs and she looks like a fool on the stand he gets a confirmation vote in a few weeks etc. 

I was a little bit skeptical initially. However, there are notes from a therapist that were taken during marriage counseling in 2012 where there were references to a sexual assault she went through in high school...it referenced the attacker being from a prestigious school, etc. She also passed a polygraph test.

It’s possible that there was an incident, but not as severe as what she remembers. It’s possible she has mistaken the players. It’s possible it went down exactly as she reported. I can say that if it happensed, more than likely there is someone she confided in years ago that would be able to testify as to what they were told regarding the identity of the offenders....unless they consider that inadmissible heresay.

I was a little bit skeptical initially. However, there are notes from a therapist that were taken during marriage counseling in 2012 where there were references to a sexual assault she went through in high school...it referenced the attacker being from a prestigious school, etc. She also passed a polygraph test.

It’s possible that there was an incident, but not as severe as what she remembers. It’s possible she has mistaken the players. It’s possible it went down exactly as she reported. I can say that if it happensed, more than likely there is someone she confided in years ago that would be able to testify as to what they were told regarding the identity of the offenders....unless they consider that inadmissible heresay.

I voted on the fence.

To my knowledge, it’s not even confirmed that she will testify in person.

Sharp i don't think you are considering the real possibility that this woman will appear trustworthy and look good on the stand and can still be lying.

Lol wvu always thinks the women are lying and rapes/sexual assaults never happen. It never ends. Guy has some serious problem with women not wanting to be raped.

Also, no clue what happened here but if you stayed quiet your entire life and there was one time to come out and speak up it would be before he was appointed to the highest court in the land. She hasn't asked him for anything. If she shows up and testifies and provides some proof then fuck it, move onto another judge with zero questions. Why risk it?

Sharp i don't think you are considering the real possibility that this woman will appear trustworthy and look good on the stand and can still be lying.

She could but don't you think she should have the right to tell her story and testify under oath if she wants to back up her claims. Sure she may seem credible and still be lying but at least the people voting for him for the highest court in the land would have seen what they both had to say and they can decide based on that how to proceed. 

What I am saying is why wouldn't we want to hear what she and he has to say?  Why not take a little time and see if there is any fire where that smoke is? 

Like you said you were 50/50 as to her being legit so what if she isn't lying.  She at least deserves the platform to be heard and perhaps a little more investigating of the matter by the feds. 

She could but don't you think she should have the right to tell her story and testify under oath if she wants to back up her claims. Sure she may seem credible and still be lying but at least the people voting for him for the highest court in the land would have seen what they both had to say and they can decide based on that how to proceed.

What I am saying is why wouldn't we want to hear what she has to say? Why not take a little time and see if there is any fire where that smoke is?

Like you said you were 50/50 as to her being legit so what if she isn't lying. She at least deserves the platform to be heard and perhaps a little more investigating of the matter by the feds.

he's not 50/50. WVU always thinks the women are lying.

“In the meantime, can we talk about Mark Judge? According to Ford, he's Kavanaugh's old classmate who allegedly laughed and watched as Kavanaugh held a girl down and tried to remove her clothes at the party.

And he's got some gross thoughts about women. Judge, a columnist, has extolled "the wonderful beauty, of uncontrollable male passion," and quoted playwright Noel Coward on his high school yearbook page: "Certain women should be struck regularly, like gongs."