Do you believe the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh?

WVU

sexual assault?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Did the sexual assault happen in your opinion?

• Yes
    • No
    • on the fence

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't the Court start a new session soon?

I think I remember hearing McConnell say something about getting Kav on before that begins. Could be wrong, though.

Of course that's important(obviously), it's just embarrassing to the nation that the US senate, supposedly one of the highest, most esteemed positions in the nation, is literally filled with people so corrupt that they will stop at nothing to win politically, to destroy a good mans reputation to "win"

Ruth bader ginsburg was confirmed 96-4 i believe,  she was as ideologically as far left as Cavenaugh is right, and she got in easily(without any smears), that wasn't that long ago.

There's a lot of crazy talk out there from the media and the left that Trump is a threat to our democracy, like most things in modern life it's the opposite of the truth.  trump is the result of a thriving democracy, no one in washington wanted trump, no one in either party wanted him, no one in the media wanted him, but the people did, That's what a democracy is.

I just don't like that the Dems sat on this all summer and waited until right before the vote. 

And if she doesn't testify Monday and just wants to wait for investigation, I think the Reps push through Kav vote.

Don't see why they do not compromise and offer to do an investigation after Monday double hearings if one seems warranted. 

Another thing that was funny was seeing a pic of all these bluecheck accounts on twitter using the term credible accusations as if it was coordinated to frame the wording a certain way before they all discussed this publicly. 

Have no idea if they're credible or not but she at least deserves a hearing. 

Hope she shows up Monday.

I just don't like that the Dems sat on this all summer and waited until right before the vote. 

And if she doesn't testify Monday and just wants to wait for investigation, I think the Reps push through Kav vote.

Don't see why they do not compromise and offer to do an investigation after Monday double hearings if one seems warranted. 

What are they going to investigate? She cant even say when or where this supposedly happened, and the only other person who she claims was there has already said he never saw anything like that. The only purpose is to delay everything, since any investigation would likely take many weeks.

She wont show up, she'd be under oath, being a professor she would know that entails some risk, what she's doing now entails no risk, only benefit if she can derail him. 2 days ago her people demanded she be heard, the republicans(and trump god forbid) said sure, come on in, and now they're saying "WTF?".

Fair. 

But that's why a hearing needs to be scheduled and if she doesn't show, then she doesn't show and they just vote. 

But if she does and they talk to her......then they can decide how to proceed after. 

It is scheduled, he's coming, they've been waiting for her to say if she's coming, tonight her lawyer said no. I imagine he'll show up and then they'll vote a week or so later.

Dont you see that 2 or 3 days ago the commitee said they's have him show up and any member can ask him about this, the Dems said they wouldn't even show up for that. NO ONE on either side has any interest in what either of them has to say, it's all a circus, all theater.

What do you think about the dems pushing this so hard, but ignoring the allegations against Keith Ellison? Those are real, recent, supposedly there is proof, yet not a peep about a womaes right to be heard and believed?

Don't like it one bit.....as the Ellison stuff seems highly credible. 

What's fair for one situation should be fair for all. 

Don't like it one bit.....as the Ellison stuff seems highly credible. 

What's fair for one situation should be fair for all. 

No shit, we need drastic change in this country, congress is broken, it cant be fixed, time to do away with it. What's the purpose of elections if the only people who run are crooks and opportunists, and they're elected by our most ignorant citizens?

No shit, we need drastic change in this country, congress is broken, it cant be fixed, time to do away with it. What's the purpose of elections if the only people who run are crooks and opportunists, and they're elected by our most ignorant citizens?

Yeah. 

Let's just nominate Trump as King and then let Ivanka take over when he passes!