Best credit card deals part two

WVU

City Thank You Card Premier

60k offer: earn 60,000 ThankYou Points (TYP) after spending $4,000 in first 3 months. This is the recent best offer.

We estimate that ThankYou Points (TYP) are worth about 1.6 cents/point, see below for a brief introduction. So the 60k highest sign-up bonus is worth about $960!

If you have this card, you can transfer your TYP to partner airlines miles. Besides, with this card, you can also use your TYP at a fixed rate 1.25 cent/point on both airlines and hotels on thankyou.com. This makes TYP worth at least 1.25 cents/point!

Earn 3 TYP per $1 spent on travel and gas, 2 TYP per $1 spent on dining and entertainment, 1 TYP per $1 spent on other purchases. The definition of travel here is quite broad, which includes parking, tolls, public transportation and many other spendings.

No foreign transaction fee.

Citi retention offer (offer for cardholders who wants to close their accounts) is typically very generous, but still, YMMV (Your mileage may vary).

Disadvantages

$95 annual fee, waived for the first year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gaming" the welcome offer. Lol, don't do it.

If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome offer(s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit points to your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.

City Thank You Card Premier

60k offer: earn 60,000 ThankYou Points (TYP) after spending $4,000 in first 3 months. This is the recent best offer.

We estimate that ThankYou Points (TYP) are worth about 1.6 cents/point, see below for a brief introduction. So the 60k highest sign-up bonus is worth about $960!

If you have this card, you can transfer your TYP to partner airlines miles. Besides, with this card, you can also use your TYP at a fixed rate 1.25 cent/point on both airlines and hotels on thankyou.com. This makes TYP worth at least 1.25 cents/point!

Earn 3 TYP per $1 spent on travel and gas, 2 TYP per $1 spent on dining and entertainment, 1 TYP per $1 spent on other purchases. The definition of travel here is quite broad, which includes parking, tolls, public transportation and many other spendings.

No foreign transaction fee.

Citi retention offer (offer for cardholders who wants to close their accounts) is typically very generous, but still, YMMV (Your mileage may vary).

Disadvantages

$95 annual fee, waived for the first year.

already have this on

Amex spg / Marriott card is giving 100k

Just approved for this one. Only got 75k miles I think. Could have gotten 125k miles with upgraded card, but didn’t want to pay the annual fee of $450

Got excited there for a second but already did it.

I had applied for that one a year ago when we were all applying like nuts for every card, and they denied me...forget the reasoning..my score was around 800....today they gave me an 18k credit line and score has not changed much if at all. Weird.

Going to Aruba next year going to grab the chase sapphire preferred you get 500 cash for spending 4K plus points for travel I think I figured it out to be around 650-700 cash back after booking Aruba trip (4K trip)

Have the card already, but if you (or anyone) use my referral link and are approved, I will split the referral point value with you and PayPal you $50.

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6A/C2H4QW2EOD

Going to Aruba next year going to grab the chase sapphire preferred you get 500 cash for spending 4K plus points for travel I think I figured it out to be around 650-700 cash back after booking Aruba trip (4K trip)

I already have the card, but if you use my link and they still give the 10k points for referral, I will send you half the referral points in cash ($50)

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6A/C2H4QW2EOD

Easy to get a bluebird or serve Amex, and vanilla one card, to manufacture spending.

Buy a $500 vanilla one for a $6 fee. You could load up to 500 at dollar tree per day. Take the cash out atm for B.B. or serve.so for Iag, she would incur less than 20 in fees to meet that goal and profit 180.

Not familiar with those.....so you buy a card for $6...how do you reload it? Just go to DT and give them cash? How much is the ATM fee?

I will have zero problem spending $1000 on a card over three months. I also have the Amex one I need to put 3000 on as well.

If I cut it close I may try this.. I also have property taxes due in Oct....even with the fee still make out well.

After what Bank of America pulled last year though I am not going to take any chances on timing, so may resort to something like that, Thanks JC

Easy to get a bluebird or serve Amex, and vanilla one card, to manufacture spending.

Buy a $500 vanilla one for a $6 fee. You could load up to 500 at dollar tree per day. Take the cash out atm for B.B. or serve.so for Iag, she would incur less than 20 in fees to meet that goal and profit 180.

I don't think those cards count as purchases. The $6 will count but not the $500 load.