Best credit card deals part two

WVU

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 go to bluebird.com and sign up for a free card. It will be sent to you.

#2 you get the card

#3 you take your Wells Fargo card or whatever card you are trying to spend on to CVS and buy a vanilla one card, which you could load up to $500. Load $500.

#4 go to dollar tree and ask to load $500 on your bluebird card. Well you’d ask to load 495.95. Pay using the vanilla visa just purchased at CVS. It will process as debit and the PIN number is the last 4 of the card number.

#5 you could make 2 atm withdraws a month, I believe in bluebird up to 700 each time. Withdraw the money from atm and pay wells card.

To eliminate ATM fees you could look for an easy pass atm.

You could always do a test run for lower amounts to see if it works.

Very important...... needs to be vanilla one in order to work at dollar tree. Also dt has a 500 max load per day.

Thanks JC, but I’ve read this a few times and still confused. I guess what is confusing me is why I have to do all that extra stuff... why can’t I just stop after #3 and use the prepaid card for normal expenses...groceries etc with no time limit?

I think WVU is correct tho, that you can’t purchase prepaid cards to count toward your bonus requirement. I would assume this is same sort of deal. “Luckily “ I just discovered that looks like I’m going to need some roof repairs soon, so probably have no problem running thru that bonus requirement,

Thanks JC, but I’ve read this a few times and still confused. I guess what is confusing me is why I have to do all that extra stuff... why can’t I just stop after #3 and use the prepaid card for normal expenses...groceries etc with no time limit?

I think WVU is correct tho, that you can’t purchase prepaid cards to count toward your bonus requirement. I would assume this is same sort of deal. “Luckily “ I just discovered that looks like I’m going to need some roof repairs soon, so probably have no problem running thru that bonus requirement,

What I described would be used for someone who really only wants to meet the goal they need to meet, to gain the reward of spending xxxx amount of dollars to get whatever. Doing what I described is basically getting the cash back to pay the charges you made to meet that goal, ASAP.

When I had the Wells Fargo whatever card and I had to meet whatever, what I described worked, however instead of using bluebird, I used vanilla into my local adw account and took the money out. The fees are more. The money I spent on the fixed vanilla gift cards applied as legit charges towards the goal or cash back. T&c’s need to be read so for me to say yeah it always counts w/o reading the applicable t&c’s, I’d be bullshitting you.

If you are in no hurry to pay back what you charge or can easily payback what you charged to get to that goal, everything I described is nonsense.

Your best bet is to go to cvs and buy a $25 visa gift card, then see if that $25 or $29 (fee) applied towards your goal. I feel it will, at least for Wells.

What I described would be used for someone who really only wants to meet the goal they need to meet, to gain the reward of spending xxxx amount of dollars to get whatever. Doing what I described is basically getting the cash back to pay the charges you made to meet that goal, ASAP.

When I had the Wells Fargo whatever card and I had to meet whatever, what I described worked, however instead of using bluebird, I used vanilla into my local adw account and took the money out. The fees are more. The money I spent on the fixed vanilla gift cards applied as legit charges towards the goal or cash back. T&c’s need to be read so for me to say yeah it always counts w/o reading the applicable t&c’s, I’d be bullshitting you.

If you are in no hurry to pay back what you charge or can easily payback what you charged to get to that goal, everything I described is nonsense.

Your best bet is to go to cvs and buy a $25 visa gift card, then see if that $25 or $29 (fee) applied towards your goal. I feel it will, at least for Wells.

Yeah I could just buy the cards and use them in daily life and pay the Wells Fargo out of savings. We don’t have CVS here, but I assume it can be any gift card from Walgreens...Maybe if it is a store card versus a bank card? I’ll read the terms and conditions before I set out. Like I said I do have a bunch of home projects that will probably get me through this with ease, as long as I actually get going and get them done.

P.s.

You got that shit down man!

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/new

This is a good one with a lot of info on deals.

To look more into what I explained google manufactured spending. Also the same search but add Amex serve/bluebird.

lol, wow these guys are hardcore.  I churn about 6k per month anyway on normal uses anyway, but for those who don't spend much this would be an interesting read.