Bears players just donated 250k towards social justice causes

housepicks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago is a crime ridden capital of US. Stiffest gun control with the most homicides. Liberal mayor refuses to let the cops do their job and protects criminals.

Isn't a big part of it the gun laws in nearby states, though??

Thought I read something about that where people go across state lines and bring back many illegal guns.

How much did you donate?

I can't answer for Housepicks, but I for one donated 11 years of my life in efforts to advance the lives and living conditions of inner city youths. Countless hours off the clock trying to save kids that didn't want or couldn't be saved.

I don't have the answers, but can certainly say I gave everything I had to make the world a better place for those 11 years......... And yes .14% donation is an embarrassment.

Right. 

But I thought that they could pinpoint just how crazy the flow is from Indiana or wherever?

Not saying that's an excuse or anything, but prob part of the bigger picture. Although I'd agree that there's something off about all these big liberal cities having major crime issues.

It's not the guns........it's the hopeless poverty that infects all inner cities. It's 13 people living in a low income housing unit designed for housing a family of 4. It's kids that grow up hopeless, abused and neglected from day one by kids having kids having kids having kids.

Right.

But I thought that they could pinpoint just how crazy the flow is from Indiana or wherever?

Not saying that's an excuse or anything, but prob part of the bigger picture. Although I'd agree that there's something off about all these big liberal cities having major crime issues.

Stricter gun laws prevent the right to bear arms. Liberal politicians refuse to protect law abiding citizens.

It's not the guns........it's the hopeless poverty that infects all inner cities. It's 13 people living in a low income housing unit designed for housing a family of 4. It's kids that grow up hopeless, abused and neglected from day one by kids having kids having kids having kids.

Yeah. 

And that goes to the environment issue that helps explain why they grow up hopeless and it's not so easy to stay away from bad things.......yet their punishment for doing/being bad is crazy severe. 

That doesn't excuse illegal acts but one part of fair justice needs to be recognizing that the cities need to do more to help lift people out of those conditions so the environment around them is safer for everyone, which will help curtail crime and such.

Stricter gun laws prevent the right to bear arms. Liberal politicians refuse to protect law abiding citizens.

Right. And I don't like that either.

I just think accusing the liberals of being totally apathetic is the wrong approach. 

Maybe they're a tad naive to human nature or something?? But saying they want to do nothing at all or refuse to protect is pretty strong.