Bears players just donated 250k towards social justice causes

housepicks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago is a crime ridden capital of US. Stiffest gun control with the most homicides. Liberal mayor refuses to let the cops do their job and protects criminals.

From what I've heard, none of these shootings are solved, the people who live there wont say anything(either out of fear, hatred of the cops, or some silly code), and the cops dont even start or try to investigate.  So the cops dont want to do their jobs, and I dont blame them, it's a perfect world, the cops, the mayor, and the victims even, dont care, why should anyone else?

From what I've heard, none of these shootings are solved, the people who live there wont say anything(either out of fear, hatred of the cops, or some silly code), and the cops dont even start or try to investigate. So the cops dont want to do their jobs, and I dont blame them, it's a perfect world, the cops, the mayor, and the victims even, dont care, why should anyone else?

Liberalism is a mental disorder!

It's not the guns........it's the hopeless poverty that infects all inner cities. It's 13 people living in a low income housing unit designed for housing a family of 4. It's kids that grow up hopeless, abused and neglected from day one by kids having kids having kids having kids.

Lightbulb!

You have to take drastic measures to fix the situation (something like a police state, drastic laws, and/or moving decent kids/families with no criminal history to different states/cities) and no one wants to take these sort of measures (which I understand). Many say, "oh we just need investment," and they are right! But that investment/gentrification is not happening with that type of crime going on. Gentrification WILL happen when the crime rates drops.

Lightbulb!

You have to take drastic measures to fix the situation (something like a police state, drastic laws, and/or moving decent kids/families with no criminal history to different states/cities) and no one wants to take these sort of measures (which I understand). Many say, "oh we just need investment," and they are right! But that investment/gentrification is not happening with that type of crime going on. Gentrification WILL happen when the crime rates drops.

That’s a great post.....Problem is if Trump tried that he’d be considered a racist by the Left who want Blacks dependent on the government for everything so they can get their votes....it all comes down to that, nothing less nothing more.

Mr NBA simply wasted 11yrs of his life, nothing he did changed a thing and 100 it 10000 Mr NBA doing the same thing would also not change a damn thing.

It’s not the guns.....it’s not the fatherless homes....it’s not poverty or anything else....it’s simply The Left

That’s a great post.....Problem is if Trump tried that he’d be considered a racist by the Left who want Blacks dependent on the government for everything so they can get their votes....it all comes down to that, nothing less nothing more.

Mr NBA simply wasted 11yrs of his life, nothing he did changed a thing and 100 it 10000 Mr NBA doing the same thing would also not change a damn thing.

It’s not the guns.....it’s not the fatherless homes....it’s not poverty or anything else....it’s simply The Left

no thats a ignorant post i wonder did he keep in contact with any of the youth he "helped"? so his entire 11 yrs none were successful? as far as trump he wont help his own drug addicted people so why would u think he would care about black people? mr nba if full of shit but of course u buy into it. the economy is working mostly for the rich he gave most the taxcut to after saying he would make them pay more.

I can't answer for Housepicks, but I for one donated 11 years of my life in efforts to advance the lives and living conditions of inner city youths. Countless hours off the clock trying to save kids that didn't want or couldn't be saved.

I don't have the answers, but can certainly say I gave everything I had to make the world a better place for those 11 years......... And yes .14% donation is an embarrassment.

what is embarrassing about it? You act as if this is the only charity work they'll do all year.

Using the 100k example is laughable too. The average NFL career is 3 years. That guy making 100k a year is doing that for 30 years. A lot of those players donate just as much time, if not more time, than you but go ahead and patt yourself on the back.

As far as the thread title, I don’t see what the problem is, 250k is a lot of money any way you slice it and I bet if you went door to door in an area where every one made 100k and you knocked on 50 doors and asked for donations you would b hard pressed to come up with that matching % amount of $135

250k is .14%

Therefore in this situation it ain’t shit. Disposable income of someone making 100k isn’t relative to an NFL player. And I’d like to see how that 3 year average is derived. I call bullshit.

Bottom line is black athletes/entertainers don’t do enough to help the black community although they love to cry and whine.

Dwane Wade grew up in Robbins IL. A small dirt poor town not too far from where I grew up. If I was him I’d pump millions into the town and try and change the life of everyone in it.

I think he put 50k into a library.

Lol you clearly know nothing about all the work wade has done on the south side. You just make up nonsense.

You laugh and say I don’t know anything about rap battles and I ask what you know about rap culture.

No response.

K

All you do is speak without backing anything up then you disappear.

I’d bet wade does more than most, I merely used him as an example because he’s local to my area, I know where is parents live.

Still, these guys as a whole aren’t using their money and influence to help their own.

No problem taking money and pumping out shoes and clothes that people are gonna get shot over.

You laugh and say I don’t know anything about rap battles and I ask what you know about rap culture.

No response.

K

All you do is speak without backing anything up then you disappear.

I’d bet wade does more than most, I merely used him as an example because he’s local to my area, I know where is parents live.

Still, these guys as a whole aren’t using their money and influence to help their own.

No problem taking money and pumping out shoes and clothes that people are gonna get shot over.

he married a black girl.  That makes him an expert on all things black as well as an expert on women