The Dow is now up 19% for the year.

WVU

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice! Wish I had more invested in the stock market but I don’t. I do have some AMD which I bought in DEC....probably something to do with BTC.,..that turned out to be a huge win. But basically just have that, a little something which I forget...

CLNS or CLNY maybe...and VIG.

Somebody who knows something. Should I sell my AMD?

nice! Wish I had more invested in the stock market but I don’t. I do have some AMD which I bought in DEC....probably something to do with BTC.,..that turned out to be a huge win. But basically just have that, a little something which I forget...

CLNS or CLNY maybe...and VIG.

Somebody who knows something. Should I sell my AMD?

Great buy! wouldn't sell that as it has been climbing nicely all year.

edit...I'm definitely not an expert

Did AMD announce anything recently, because Nvidia brought out RTX, AMD's line of cards can't whiff any of the Nvidia graphics cards anymore, their generation is old, no news on new graphics card, so they're a gen behind now, Crypto mining is all but dead, so i'm thinking they'd have to have some kind of descent news on where they're trying to grab revenue to help them propel for the next 2 quarters to combat nvidia

Did AMD announce anything recently, because Nvidia brought out RTX, AMD's line of cards can't whiff any of the Nvidia graphics cards anymore, their generation is old, no news on new graphics card, so they're a gen behind now, Crypto mining is all but dead, so i'm thinking they'd have to have some kind of descent news on where they're trying to grab revenue to help them propel for the next 2 quarters to combat nvidia

Idk. That’s why I am asking you ! Lol

I literally had forgotten about it and have tripled my money. It’s not that much, but If I sell it’s a short term gain and really don’t want any more reported income for 2018.

I really have no memory of even buying it. When I Google it, some say that perhaps it has run its course, but then I see something that just came out this morning about something called Stifel raising its price prediction.

I think I just figured it out. I bought it the day after my brother’s birthday. It’s one of 2-3 times a year we talk. He retired from AMCC which is/wasa similar company I believe. He must have been the one who told me to buy it. Even if he didn’t, he will know the answer. I’ll check with him.

Idk. That’s why I am asking you ! Lol

I literally had forgotten about it and have tripled my money. It’s not that much, but If I sell it’s a short term gain and really don’t want any more reported income for 2018.

I really have no memory of even buying it. When I Google it, some say that perhaps it has run its course, but then I see something that just came out this morning about something called Stifel raising its price prediction.

i'd keep it till end of the year minimum

Ok. Thanks MT. I figured that would be the answer.

it's just my opinion and I've done no real deep research into amd.

But the problem for me is that, nvidia brings out the new rtx series, and amd still hasn't so their graphics fcards are a generation behind and even their vega line was subpar in performance and their vega 64 couldn't even touch the gtx 1080ti, 

and with crypto mining dieing, market dominance I feel will shift towards nvidia for a bit until amd brings out their new stuff, and I know it's only consumer portion and it's not a huge % of revenue, but gaming is starting to be a big thing and market dominance does play some role as well as other big contracts these gpus get

it's just my opinion and I've done no real deep research into amd.

But the problem for me is that, nvidia brings out the new rtx series, and amd still hasn't so their graphics fcards are a generation behind and even their vega line was subpar in performance and their vega 64 couldn't even touch the gtx 1080ti, 

and with crypto mining dieing, market dominance I feel will shift towards nvidia for a bit until amd brings out their new stuff, and I know it's only consumer portion and it's not a huge % of revenue, but gaming is starting to be a big thing and market dominance does play some role as well as other big contracts these gpus get

My brother went to MIT, he might understand this. I was prettymuch lost after Pong. I’ll give him a phone call this weekend and run it past him.

The way to invest in stocks is to buy them and never sell. Let them ride. Some of them will go to zero but the amount you will make letting them ride will far outweigh what you do with the money after you sell. They will most likely go up further than you ever imagined. 

Unless, of course, they don't...

I’ve had too many go to zero...Spongetech. Lol. I feel so much more comfortable in crypto which is nuts

You have a taste for the speculative stuff. But that is still the best way to go because if just one hits, it might make you a million versus trading a bunch of crap.

You are right, I do, but I really can’t afford to be too speculative these days. If I was younger I would be all over it, but it’s getting harder to think about going back to work so I have to be very careful.

I’m being way too careful though (other than crypto) I need a middle ground.

You are right, I do, but I really can’t afford to be too speculative these days. If I was younger I would be all over it, but it’s getting harder to think about going back to work so I have to be very careful.

I’m being way too careful though (other than crypto) I need a middle ground.

It's a good time to be careful. The risks right now are huge.