I have questions

IAG

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geezus im 0-2 in responses....

Can someone tell me the scientific view in the Big Bang and if it was just the Earth or all the planets (including Pluto) and also the sun and the moon

The Big Bang created it all but not all at once. The Big Bang basically created everything that makes the planets and such. But there was not a bang and then Earth and the planets the way God did it.

It's a theory but there is math and science behind it. It's not just pulled out of thin air.

that' debatable.. at least the science part. that's all based on theory of our own understanding.. for all we know our scientific and physics theory may hold true here from our observation here, but it may not hold true else where, and if that's the case, you can throw many things out the window.

Scientists are observing other galaxies constantly.

yes we're observing, but in that observation, we're still inputting our own understanding of physics we came up with here..

For example.. Black hole.. nothing escapes black hole.. but suddenly we observed matters being able to escape black hole.,. so we input our understanding to make the reason why that can escape black hole is, we fill in the blank with our own understanding.. sure it may make sense but it can be a totally different reason why.. just that 1 reason may it true, doesn't mean that's the reason why it happened. Kinda like. well u bet on team x to cover against team b cuz team x covered the last 10 games.. doesn't mean that's the reason why team x covered.. it could just simply be because team x got paid off under the table and decided not to cover cuz they're crooked.. 

yes we're observing, but in that observation, we're still inputting our own understanding of physics we came up with here..

For example.. Black hole.. nothing escapes black hole.. but suddenly we observed matters being able to escape black hole.,. so we input our understanding to make the reason why that can escape black hole is, we fill in the blank with our own understanding.. sure it may make sense but it can be a totally different reason why.. just that 1 reason may it true, doesn't mean that's the reason why it happened. Kinda like. well u bet on team x to cover against team b cuz team x covered the last 10 games.. doesn't mean that's the reason why team x covered.. it could just simply be because team x got paid off under the table and decided not to cover cuz they're crooked..

So because we might not fully understand black holes yet, we aren't using science to create theories about the universe? I don't understand your point.

So because we might not fully understand black holes yet, we aren't using science to create theories about the universe? I don't understand your point.

u can create 1000's of theories, every one of them can be wrong, and it'd be useless, so your point of math and science being behind a theory to what you said to what MM doesn't matter much

u can create 1000's of theories, every one of them can be wrong, and it'd be useless, so your point of math and science being behind a theory to what you said to what MM doesn't matter much

It's the best explanation that we have based on math and science. I really don't know how you can disprove math or how radioactive dating could have different results within the same universe.

The theories of the universe are based on elements, gravity and such that have been found to be consistent wherever man has been able to look. It is presumed that the rest of the universe is made up of the same stuff and acts in the same way. It is not likely that gravity is not real in other universes. As such, the theories should be fairly sound since they are very broad. Understanding everything about the universe is well beyond the comprehension of the human mind as is the basic theory which is why there is little interest in it and a preference for a good story.

It's the best explanation that we have based on math and science. I really don't know how you can disprove math or how radioactive dating could have different results within the same universe.

you can't prove OR disprove it, that was my point all along

a best guess based on our current understanding of science and math is still just a total guess

doofus #1 - "hey i'm looking out into space and making some calculations and i say the universe was created 13 billion years ago"

doofus #2 - "better make it 13.7 so it doesn't look like such a rounded guess"