Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

**tech stocks getting bitch slapped

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 20609 posts

Call me crazy but I'm dipping my toes into the Chinese stocks here....

the one I like (as mentioned) is YY at 68

$2 billion in cash, another $2 billion worth of huya… ridiculously cheap by any valuation metric

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6722 posts

China will lose the trade war(if it continues), their economy is in bad, bad shape. It's likely even decent chinese stocks will get cheaper.

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 20609 posts

China will lose the trade war(if it continues), their economy is in bad, bad shape. It's likely even decent chinese stocks will get cheaper.

if I can buy an ugly jacket for $90 that has $100 bill in the pocket, I don't care how ugly the jacket is... and then if they sell one for $80 next week i'll buy that too

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6722 posts

if I can buy an ugly jacket for $90 that has $100 bill in the pocket, I don't care how ugly the jacket is... and then if they sell one for $80 next week i'll buy that too

Fine, but can you really trust the financial info chinese co's put out?

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 33337 posts

Can I allocate some my funds in my 401k to Chinese stocks. I don’t really know how moving money around in a 401k works.

Right now Im 90% allocated in some 2035 target date fund and 10% in a foreign stocks fund.

Michael, feel free to chime in as well with your wisdom. Thanks pals.

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 8782 posts

Can I allocate some my funds in my 401k to Chinese stocks. I don’t really know how moving money around in a 401k works.

Right now Im 90% allocated in some 2035 target date fund and 10% in a foreign stocks fund.

Michael, feel free to chime in as well with your wisdom. Thanks pals.

Short answer:  It depends.  Usually you will have some international mutual funds to choose from.  Contact your provider to see what your options are.

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 33337 posts

Short answer:  It depends.  Usually you will have some international mutual funds to choose from.  Contact your provider to see what your options are.

Thanks.  Gonna log into my account right now.  I think I can make changes on my own without even speaking to someone.  

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6722 posts

It's highly unlikely any international stock fund would have much chinese exposure. Even more unlikely in a 401k(where the  mutual funds available for purchase tend to be more conservative).

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 33337 posts

Of all the options for international stocks, they only offer 2 funds for choices.  And I'm already in one.  

Neither of the options was specifically Chinese.  "International" was the only label. 

August West

August West

• Members
  • 932 posts

I pulled out  of about 40 % of my exposure on Mon, thank god.

Seriously?  That's some great intuition.  Congrats.

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6722 posts

Of all the options for international stocks, they only offer 2 funds for choices.  And I'm already in one.  

Neither of the options was specifically Chinese.  "International" was the only label. 

Click on the fund and then there should be an info section, it'll give you an idea of what regions it's investing in. most international funds would be primarily european co's.. there are international sector funds, latin america, europe, japan, asia, etc, but they wont be in your 401k.

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6722 posts

Seriously?  That's some great intuition.  Congrats.

Well, i did lose 10K today(on paper), lol. I've been thinking about pulling out for awhile, I stayed in with the rest because it's in  a more  conservative fund, that holds  approx 60% stocks, 30% bonds, 10% cash. i thought that would cushion me?

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 8782 posts

It's highly unlikely any international stock fund would have much chinese exposure. Even more unlikely in a 401k(where the  mutual funds available for purchase tend to be more conservative).

Depends on the fund.  There are certainly Asian-specific mutual funds out there.  Again, it depends on your provider.

Dingo

Dingo

• Members
  • 7127 posts
Before investing in any Chinese companies you should watch China Hustle on Netflix

tjd

tjd

Rockstar

• Members
  • 2146 posts

Before investing in any Chinese companies you should watch China Hustle on Netflix

excellent advice, been involved first hand with some bad apples

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

2018 IAG Tournament of Cappers Champion

• Members
  • 4805 posts

Ben Baller does what he wants when he wants, though. 

Not many others have the same luxury as BEN BALLER does. 

"Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration." -NM

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 20609 posts

same documentary could be made about many American companies... it's all a con on some level

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 20609 posts

back down the crapper we go, down 500

burn baby burn!!!   :avril

tjd

tjd

Rockstar

• Members
  • 2146 posts

back down the crapper we go, down 500

burn baby burn!!!   

agreed.

HUI up  8%  says it all. I've been bottom fishing there for weeks

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 20609 posts

agreed.

HUI up  8%  says it all. I've been bottom fishing there for weeks

if gold keeps rallying, mux could easily double back into the 4s... went from 50cents into the 4s back in 2016

tjd

tjd

Rockstar

• Members
  • 2146 posts

if gold keeps rallying, mux could easily double back into the 4s... went from 50cents into the 4s back in 2016

yes,  i had it from $1.12 to $3.33

Axl Rose 2018

Axl Rose 2018

Charlie Don't Surf

• Members
  • 4652 posts

Listen dope, an 830 pt drop from 26000, is not equal to a 550 pt drop from 2500? Just shut the fuck up.

what did you say?

Shit for brains
INTERVIEWER: Would you say that you write your music for the man on the street?

SID VICIOUS: No, I've met the man on the street, he's a cunt.

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 20609 posts

yes,  i had it from $1.12 to $3.33

great minds think alike  :shake

try3 would've liked that sell point

tjd

tjd

Rockstar

• Members
  • 2146 posts

great minds think alike  :shake

try3 would've liked that sell point

MUX is a mediocre stock  as far as assets go. I like that the founder holds 25%of the paper  and draws no salary as ceo

the thing with it is it's  in all the gold stock indexes, so it really flies when the worm turns. But that works in reverse too

I bought SGSVF which has much better assets and is in all the indexes too at .88 tuesday and its at 1.08 now

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6722 posts

what did you say?

Shit for brains

Shhhh, men are talking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users