Horseplayers - do you ever feel like a complete friggin idiot?

undertaker

I do.

Man, I can't believe how stupid I can be sometimes.

I turned a $50 bitcoin deposit at Dimes into a few hundred betting sports so I figure I'd give the horses a try (again).

So I buy a Gulfstream past performances form online and login to the 5Dimes racebook.

I played a $42 pick 5 ticket at Gulfstream Park West Wednesday: 2 X 2 X 3 X 7 X 2 = $168 combinations at 25 cents each, races 4-8.

I get the 1st 3 winners, no heavy favorites and one 9-1 shot that beat a 3/5 shot. In the 5th race I have 7 of 9 horses. Why I didn't just spend the extra $12 and take the all I'll never know but I left out two horses in the 7th race, the #1 & #2. Of course the #1 horse wins and kills my tickets. Of course I have the next winner so I get the consolation of $17 7 times. Big deal. If I use an all in the 7th as I should have I cash over $2000. For a $50 bet.

FML

Here is the awful truth:

z6IvZY8.png

jzvjpae.png

No good can come from this...

Thanks for all of the replies fellas.

I have $600 left in my 5Dimes account. No doubt todays events have me on tilt and I'm 100% sure I will be betting the horses tomorrow trying to grab a big payout to make up for what I should have cashed today.

I only bet gimmicks, mostly Pick 3,4 &5's, superfectas and trifectas. It will be interesting to see how long $600 lasts  (not including my only pending wager on the under 5.5 in the late NHL game).

Until they can train chimps to ride the horses, I won't bet on them. It's a crooked sport with mathematics designed for a complete house edge.

You can't win long term betting on horses.

what if i get a 8% rebate (or promo) and 5% minimum payout (2.10) on huge favorites to show in 5 horse races?

are you telling me that a 1/9 favorite isn't going to show 87% of the time with only 5 horses in the race?  if so you are naive and ignorant

you have to be careful because places like betonline don't give their 7% rebate on anything paying 2.20 or less... but other places do

Keeneland [ 10/11/2018 ] Race #1 $ 0.25 Pick 5 (1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11 / 3, 5, 6 / 1, 6, 8 / 3, 4, 6, 10 / 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10)

I missed the #3, the fav, in the 3rd leg. 4 out of 5. Still got $200 some for 4 of 5. 

I caught the pick 4 though.

Keeneland [ 10/11/2018 ] Race #2 $ 0.25 Pick 4 (3, 5, 6 / 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 / 3, 4, 6, 10 / 2, 4, 5, 6, 9)

what if i get a 8% rebate (or promo) and 5% minimum payout (2.10) on huge favorites to show in 5 horse races?

are you telling me that a 1/9 favorite isn't going to show 87% of the time with only 5 horses in the race?  if so you are naive and ignorant

you have to be careful because places like betonline don't give their 7% rebate on anything paying 2.20 or less... but other places do

Horse guys don't grind like that Mike.