Boxing is dead, eh?

KingRevolver

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh  :laugh  :laugh

I said, "Ali was hated".... and Monkey says, "Not true, my grandpappy was a big fan!"

Um, what?  

This, and FW saying, "I can't name three boxers" therefore boxing is dead.

I can't name three soccer players myself.  Messi, and that Ronaldo clown... really... I don't know many at all.  I guess that means soccer is dead! 

The logic on some of these people.

[And, no, I'm not equating the popularity of soccer to boxing.  I have to explain this to Monkey before he goes off on a different tangent.]

Kinger you’re too young to remember the public’s feelings about Ali. Before my time no doubt he was hated for his political stances, but when I was a little kid in the mid to late 70’s he may have been the most beloved athlete of that era. Everybody loved Ali then.

This, and FW saying, "I can't name three boxers" therefore boxing is dead.

I can't name three soccer players myself. Messi, and that Ronaldo clown... really... I don't know many at all. I guess that means soccer is dead!

The logic on some of these people.

[And, no, I'm not equating the popularity of soccer to boxing. I have to explain this to Monkey before he goes off on a different tangent.]

Americans have never gotten into soccer. Boxing was huge, now it’s not.

Tu compdrende?

Why?  

Other than his boxing skills, he has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  I'd have zero interest in having a conversation with the guy.  Or hearing about one. 

Not like I think Floyd is profound or anything but gathering different perspectives is always interesting, imo. 

Floyd def has a diff life that 99.9% of people will ever have and while I'm not saying be a cuck to the guy, it's still interesting to learn/hear about how people are behind the scenes. 

Not even. 

Not a Floyd guy whatsoever but do think it's cool that he's talked to KR and told him things. 

Just is interesting. I prob side more with Monkey in a lot of the KR/MF battles.....but only posting in this to state that point.

I’ve talked to Floyd as well, the only wisdom he ever imparted on me was how could anyone ever lose parlaying the 3-4 biggest money line favorites on an NBA card.

That’s a true story by the way.