NFL admits they were wrong, basically

KingRevolver

New 'Ray Rice' rule...

ESPN:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/photo/2014/0529/nfl_g_roger-goddell_mb_65x90.jpg

Key Points to NFL Initiative

Information from Roger Goodell's letter to owners and ESPN sources on stepped-up punishment for abuse under NFL's personal conduct policy:

• Policy applies to all incidents involving physical force, not just domestic violence

• Six-game suspension for first offense (could be longer under certain circumstances)

• Lifetime ban for second offense (can apply for reinstatement after one year)

• Policy applies to all NFL personnel, not just players

• Policy is not retroactive; everyone starts with clean slate

• Those identified as "at risk" for committing offenses offered counseling; refusal could affect future discipline

• Confidential counseling offered to all personnel and families

Difference between Aldon Smith and Ray Rice though is Aldon is on like his fifth strike. Guy is a dummy

I thought Rice would get more (not a full season like some were saying but like 4-6 games) and I appreciate Goodell being able to look back and admit maybe he didn't make the right call. I also like the idea of clearly defining the punishment moving forward for similar actions.

threats of blackmail will now be stepped up

"give me $50,000 or i'll tell the nfl you hit me and you'll be suspended for 6 games"

That would be cheap! It would be the best possible thing that could ever happen to these guys. Set up a sting - pay them - and get rid of them!