2018-2019 CAA basketball predictions and plays

WMtribe17

Now that college bball has started, I will try and get my plays in this thread as often as I can.

Predicted order of finish for teams:

1) Northeastern - Well balanced team with a really good PG in Pusica. Pretty much returned everybody that contributed from last year's team that should have won the CAA tourney if they didn't choke the last couple minutes against C of C.

2) Charleston - Still have a good 1-2 punch with Riller and Brantley, but will be tough replacing Chealey and Cam Johnson (very good defensive player that often was assigned to opposing team's top guard). Should still be a good defensive team.

3) W&M - Last year's problem of having 0 depth shouldn't be as much of a problem this year, as they had a strong recruiting class. Success of the team will come down to PG play (tough replacing Cohn) and defense. The team has a lot of size, and now that they have depth, I expect at least some improvement on defense.

4) Hofstra - Still have Wright-Foreman, Pemberton, and a strong guard-oriented lineup, but now have to replace big man Gustys. If they can get some production out of their bigs and learn how to play a little bit of defense, they can contend for 1st place.

5) JMU - Really like what JMU has on their team this year - coaching is still a big question mark and learning to win close games at the end of a game plagued them last year, but their pressure defense and speed can create problems for other teams in the conference.

6) UNCW - Cacok is very good and they brought in a lot of transfers. Like W&M, they will also have to replace a very good point guard to graduation. Will probably be good next season.

7) Delaware - Losing Daly really hurt this team, but they still have some decent pieces and Ingelsby is an underrated coach IMO. They will get 1 or 2 upsets in conference play.

8) Towson - Losing Zane Martin was a back breaker and also had a couple of other key pieces graduate. They are still a physical team that can rebound well.

9) Elon - Were terrible last year and lost a couple of good players. Still have some good scorers, but they aren't talented enough offensively to make up for their terrible defense.

10) Drexel - Losing Isabell was a back breaker as well and will be tough to replace the points he scored.

I could see any team 1-4 winning the regular season and expect 7-10 to be the bottom 4. 

11/10 plays:

721 W&M Duquesne OVER 151 - 1.65 to win 1.5

721 W&M ML (+145) - 1 to win 1.45

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total in the 140s vs the 160s is a huge difference for me. Low 140s only requires 70ish possessions for each team to hit with average offenses against average or worse defenses. 160s either requires 80+ possessions for avg. Offenses or mid 70s for very good offenses.

I know Oakland offense isn't great, but their defense is still very bad.

Total in the 140s vs the 160s is a huge difference for me. Low 140s only requires 70ish possessions for each team to hit with average offenses against average or worse defenses. 160s either requires 80+ possessions for avg. Offenses or mid 70s for very good offenses.

I know Oakland offense isn't great, but their defense is still very bad.

good call

i pass on the under but found other games to lose on