Tiger vs. Phil Who is watching this PPV?

Balco

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s only 19 bones.

I wouldn't pay a penny, the thing is a sham, neither player is putting up their own money, Phil is a shell of his former self and Tiger couldn't care less about the supposed winner take all money.

By the way, are they playing stroke play or match play? I've heard they will be making side bets on longest drive/putt, etc, that would only make sense if it were match play and only affected one holes score.

I wouldn't pay a penny, the thing is a sham, neither player is putting up their own money, Phil is a shell of his former self and Tiger couldn't care less about the supposed winner take all money.

By the way, are they playing stroke play or match play? I've heard they will be making side bets on longest drive/putt, etc, that would only make sense if it were match play and only affected one holes score.

Pretty sure it is match play, otherwise Phil might take a snowman and match over if stroke play.

They would have to pay me to watch this and I like to watch golf

Ditto, I love to watch golf, I watch womans golf if that's all that's on, but i wont pay a penny for this sham, The two richest golfers getting richer, hoping fans are suckers, willing to pay to see what we see them do for free all year long.

Ditto, I love to watch golf, I watch womans golf if that's all that's on, but i wont pay a penny for this sham, The two richest golfers getting richer, hoping fans are suckers, willing to pay to see what we see them do for free all year long.

Agree,  and i'm someone that pays for ppv quite often.  UFC, boxing, etc. 

Wouldn't pay a penny for this. 

100% agreed

I read a little more about this,  both players set up a holding co and have already received a "fee" to participate, which throws out the winner take all premise, then the worst thing is  these fun side bets that will be thrown out at the last min, lots of hype about how that will be very exciting, etc, well, it turns out all the money won on either side will go to charity.

So the whole thing is a joke.

I read a little more about this,  both players set up a holding co and have already received a "fee" to participate, which throws out the winner take all premise, then the worst thing is  these fun side bets that will be thrown out at the last min, lots of hype about how that will be very exciting, etc, well, it turns out all the money won on either side will go to charity.

So the whole thing is a joke.

again, I agree with you

$19.99 on Comcast here in Jersey......Going to rent it have my pops and a few buddies over at my house.

My old man cannot eat so Friday golf match will be our Thanksgiving. He's a huge golf fan

:cheers

This is a fun thing.

I understand the hardcore guys thinking it's silly, but it's just a fun matchup to watch after Thanksgiving!

Phil Mickelson already has "baited" Tiger Woods into a $200,000 side bet as part of their winner-take-all $9 million match on Friday in Las Vegas.

During a news conference on Tuesday at Shadow Creek to promote "The Match" between the longtime rivals, Mickelson noted he's been thinking about the side challenges that are to be part of the pay-per-view event.

"I feel like the first hole is a great hole for me," Mickelson said. "And I believe -- in fact I'm willing to risk $100,000 that says I birdie the first hole. So that's how good I feel heading into this match."

Mickelson made it clear to Woods that he didn't have to accept, but the 14-time major champion said: "So you think you can make birdie on the first hole?  

"I know I'm going to make birdie on the first hole," Mickelson said.  

"Double it," Woods responded.

And so there immediately will be something on the line Friday when 14-time major champion Woods and five-time major winner Mickelson step to the first tee at Shadow Creek, a 415-yard par 4.

lol...couple of degens