Tampa Bay Downs Winter 2018/Spring 2019

rdalert447

Began following this circuit last year. Was able to scratch out a small profit focusing on small, under the radar barns with high ROI in certain situations. The idea was to catch a few of these small time trainers on hot runs, at big prices. I’ll give it another go this year.

Saturday 11/24/18

Race 9

$20 WIN # 7 Mauras Forever 30-1

$2 ExBx 3-7

.50c tri 3,7/ALL/3,7

$2 DD 3,7/10,12

Tough call here as Aldana Gonzalez and Gerard Ochoa both have entrants, and I followed them all of last meet. Ultimately decided on Ochoa, as he has a crazy overall ROI here even after a down-ish meet last year. Plus he had a $52 winner the other day at Gulf, so hoping the barn is starting to roll.

This one has been running unsuccessfully vs better at Gulf. May fit better at Tampa.

Race 10

$20 win #12 Hechicera 30-1

$2 ExBx 10-12

.50c tri 10,12/ALL/10,12

Ochoa with two in here, so gotta side with the ultra bomb. His chalk seems to lose here, while the bombers pump up the ROI.

RISKING $67. Good luck, men!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wed 11/28/18

Playing one today:

Race 7

$20 WIN #5 Gran Nenuco 10-1

$2 exbx 3-5

.50c tri 3,5/ALL/3,5

$1 P3 3,5/ALL/3

Looking to catch Ochoa at some good prices this meet after last year’s lukewarm effort. Go back to the previous two years, and the ROI is off the charts. This one has a win over the course this year and picks up the best rider down there, in my opinion. 4 month layoff is a concern, but it won last out off a 2 monther. Should enhance the price.

Risking $54. Good luck to anyone in action today.

Record: 0-2, -$74

Fri 11/30/18

Nice card today. Playing a four bagger.

Race 2

$20 win #1 Amberjack 5-1

$2 Ex 1/All

$1 P3 1/ALL/4

Trainer Ali threw out a 2-25 clunker last meet. But the previous two years were great, ROI wise. So maybe he comes out firing this year? His main angle during his good years was second and third start of meet, so consider this a test case for his early starters.

Race 5

$20 win #1 We’ll Composed 12-1

$2 exbx 1-8

.50c tri 1,8/ALL/1,8

Trainer Raymond has solid ROI in multiple categories and came out firing Wednesday with a 13-1 winner. Last year he won a handful early on, then kind of disappeared. I’ll try and ride the early wave again.

Race 8

$20 win #6 Dim Sum 30-1

$1 exbx 6/ALL

$1 P3 6/6,7/1,14

Gonzalez another one with great ROI last three years in multiple categories. She was decent last year but didn’t detonate any major bombs, so I’m on alert.

Race 10

$20 win #1 Over to You 8-1

$2 exbx 1-14

.50c tri 1,14/ALL/1,14

Lerman fading into oblivion, but I’m holding out hope he returns to his sneaky ways. Not sure we’ll get 8-1 here, but maybe the bettors toss him due to some recent low production. Not sure the 14 draws in, but if Lerman scratches for some reason I’ll be looking to bet that bomb.

Risking $163. Good luck men!

0-2, -$74

Sat 12/1/18

Another four bagger today. Meet is gonna get expensive quickly if one of these skunks don’t heat up....

Race 1

$20 win #3 Babie Monster 9/2

$2 Ex 3/ALL

$1 P3 1,3/ALL/8

Arboritanza has some crazy ROI here. Last year’s ROI was down from previous two, but he’s still one to follow. His second and third timers over the course are his bread and butter so consider this a test to see if he’s coming out firing.

Race 5

$20 win #2 Laur Net 30-1

$1 exbx 2/ALL

Mentioned Aldana Gonzalez yesterday. Nice ROI in multiple categories but failed to put over a big one last meet, still on alert.

Race 7

$20 win #2 And Won 6-1

$2 exbx 2-10

.50c tri 2,10/ALL/2,10

$1 P3 2/ALL/6

Granitz came out firing to start last year’s meet. Hoping for more of the same. Solid ROI in multiple scenarios.

Race 9

$20 win #6 Red Curls 8-1

$2 Ex 6/ALL

Stick with Lerman again. Had a 9-1 run second yesterday to a monster. Today picks up the top jock. Don’t see that too often from this outfit.

Risking $174. Good luck!

0-6, -$139

Wed 12/5/18

R2

$20 win#2 Go to Win 9/2

$2 Ex 2/ALL

Gonna go down swinging with Aldana Gonzalez. I think Spieth sucks, but most of her bombs here the last three years have come with him aboard.

R5

$20 win #10 Mighty Ghost 12/1

$2 Ex 10/ALL

Ali’s horse ran good enough the other day to keep me interested, especially at this price. If it fails, we come out firing second and third start over the course.

R8

$20 win #4 Happy Princess 15/1

$2 Exbx 4/1,3

Gonna guess wrong here with 2 Ochoa’s and one Raymond, but have to stick with Ochoa’s long ones and hope he returns to his bombing ways from two and three years ago....

Good luck, fuckers.

0-10, -$301