Tampa Bay Downs Winter 2018/Spring 2019

rdalert447

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat 2/9/19

After another day of shoulda woulda couldas, today looks interesting. Locals vs the Big Names. Should be some opportunities:

Race 2

$20 win #3 Texas Dolly 15-1

$2 Exbx 3-5

.50c Tri 3,5/ALL/3,5

Raymond won yesterday at 15-1, comes back today with this one off a three month layoff. That’s been his specialty the last three years here. The other option is the Arboritanza horse(#5), but gotta side with the longer odds. A mistake I paid for yesterday.

I’ll be back for the sixth race.

9-101, -$1915

Rest of my plays. Something needs to start clicking...

Race 6

$20 win #11 Barrell of Destiny 8-1

$2 Ex 11/ALL

$1 P3 11/ALL/8

Betthis one last out with the belief Granitz was a big improvement over Hertler. Got that part right but could only manage a tough trip third at 33-1. Hope the horse is still fit and gets ignored again.

Race 8

$20 win #8 My Bariley 15-1

Granitz again. Big step up but apparently likes the course and has some nice back class.

Race 12

$20 win #2 Croce D’Oro 10-1

$2 exbx 2-4

.50c Tri 2,4/ALL/2,4

Ali second time over the course is a strong ROI angle. He had a good looking horse yesterday but jock lost the irons early, losing all chance. Hoping the barn is ready to roll.

Hope someone is having better luck than me out there.

Sunday 2/10/19

Knocked $234 off the figure. Big one still eludes me...

Race 1

$20 win #4 Sweet Gelato 6-1

$2 Ex 4/ALL

The horses stabled here for Arboritanza haven’t done shit, so I guess he’s bringing in some fresh blood from Gulf. I’ll give him a shot in first over mode, since his other angles have been off this meet.

Race 5

$20 win #9 La Pichu 6-1

$2 Ex 9/ALL

$2 DD 9/1,3

$1 P3 9/1,3/ALL

In the last few weeks Ochoa has had a 71-1 winner DQ’d and a 24-1 shot miss by a head. Hoping that’s a sign that the barn is rounding into shape.

Race 6

$20 win #1 Bella Pierina 15-1

$2 exbx 1-3

$2 DD 1,3/11

.50c Tri 1,3/ALL/1,3

Minieri doesn’t win often but somehow sports positive ROI here the last three years. Majority of those long shot winners came in Allowance races like today’s. So we have a nuts and bolts claiming trainer that knows when to slip them in for a score. I’m in.

Race 7

$20 win #11 La Duquesa 8-1

Last chance for Lichoa. Thought he’d be a good follow but looks as if he starts too many horses for my liking. This one was recently moved to his barn by the owners after zero success with De La Cerda at Gulf. Beware these shifty Hispanic no name types.

10-105, $1681

Two and a half months remain. Just wanted to do a quick recap on trainers I’ve followed, and what I’m looking for going forward. More for a quick reference for myself:

Ali: one small winner. Will keep an eye out for his second and third timers over the course.

Arboritanza: has a ton of positive angles coming in. Nothing’s worked to this point.

Bradley: Hasn’t shown up all meet. Running most at FG. Hope he shows up with a long layoff type.

Connelly: very sparse activity. Looking for her Dirt to Turfers.

Deaton: limited starts. Looking for his layoffs of 30 days or more.

Downing: nothing out of limited starts. Looking for turf routers and stretch outs.

Gonzales, Aldana: has a couple nice winners. She’s live in all scenarios when hot.

Gotera: most disappointing. Hasn’t run one horse after saving my meet last year.

Granitz: as solid as they come. Should’ve been playing him regardless of odds.

Lopez, Angel: limited action. Turf routers are way to go.

Lichoa: not my cup of tea but may back at big odds.

Minieri: limited action. Only play in Allowance races OR at huge odds.

Ochoa: I keep getting mad at him, but then realize he got DQ’d at 71-1 and just missed at 24-1. A little racing luck and him, and I, are having big meets.

Raymond: solid in the mold of Granitz, but has two $30 horses thus far. Fun fact, I missed them both. Long Layoffs the way to go.

Riggatieri: returning to his solid rep. Hard to get a price on the live ones. Maiden Claimers the way to go.

Sinkiewicz: having a good meet yet hasn’t scored with his bread and butter dirt routers.

Ubide: limited action. Turnbacks and short rest are way to go.

Vinson: mainly at Gulf. Long layoffs are a gold mine.

Wetherington, M: limited action. Watch for the long layoffs.

Jocks: Camacho and Gallardo tower over the colony. I predict Gallardo catches Camacho for the title. Morales, A.Santos, and SPIETH believe it or not are all growing on me.