Tampa Bay Downs Winter 2018/Spring 2019

rdalert447

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have gone with the 40-1 entry My Little Rosy 84.40 27.20 11.80...next time

When I saw that horse up front, I told myself “Great, we’ll get up late and nip that bomb on the wire for a sweet exacta.” Never got close.That trainer Ward has great numbers here, but never wins at a price. So of course he had two bombs, back to back days.

Saturday 01/12/19

Nightmare meet continues. Need to drastically cut back on exotics until one of these stiffs warms up:

Race 2

$20 win#4 Sister Drama 5-1

$2 DD 4-1

Arboritanza’s first and second timers over the course have been a disaster. Maybe the third timers are the charm? We do get a cutback in distance, which is the trainer’s go to move.

Race 3

$20 win #1 Indy’s Quick Image 20-1

Arboritanza again. Second start of the meet and a stretchout. There’s some trouble noted in its last race, accompanied by a speed fade, so hope it proves sharper today off that effort.

Race 6

$20 win #6 And Won 6-1

$2 DD 6-7

Second time over for Granitz, who’s having his usual steady meet. Price might be a little light withGallardo aboard.

Race 7

$20 win #7 Go to Win 20-1

Gonzalez had her second W of the meet the other day, so maybe she’s heating up. This one has a win at the meet already, now steps up BUT is not up for the claim. Guess the trainer still finds it useful.

4-53, -$1236

Sun 1/13/18

Played two today, again with zero confidence:

Race 4

$20 win #8 JP Hellish 15-1

$2 exbx 4-8

Arboritanza second start of meet, dirt to turf. His horses are running like shit but he pulled the same act last year, then came on strong. ROI hard to ignore.

Race 8

$20 win #10 Barrel of Destiny 20-1

$2 exbx 9-10

Granitz vs some very big names in here. His horses continue to run well, with one just missing yesterday. This horse goes first time for Granitz, after being in the care of perennial NY loser Hertler. Granitz will definitely improve the horse eventually.

4-54, -$1320

Wed 1/16/19

Played two today:

Race 6

$20 win #3 Delta Levy 9/2

$1 P3 3/ALL/4

Granitz barn has been steady. This horse should be sharper today, going second off a two month layoff. The start off the layoff was good, but horse started it’s rally from too far back. Hoping today it’s around midpack after the tightener.

Race 8

$20 win #4 Pure Praise 6-1

$2 Exbx 4/6,9,10

Ran a great race going first time turf for Lerman. Was a speed/fade, but you can see the horse really battling during the fade. Hope the game plan today is to go out winging.

4-56, -$1368

Friday 1/18/19

Much to like about today’s card, which is a little scary when stuck 1400. But I’m in this deep, gonna keep firing until one of these fuckers heats up:

Race 1

$20 win #7 Well Composed 10-1

$2 DD 7-2

$1 P3 7/ALL/1

Raymond horse looks for two in a row while stretching out. Appears to be in good form with the right running style for Tampa. Raymond has been uncharacteristicly quiet so far.

Race 2

$20 win #2 Resident 10-1

Ochoa horse goes for three in a row, while maintaining the top jock. Looks like the horse can stalk or try to wire. Either way, horse looks fit.

Race 3

$20 win #1 Soby Junior 20-1

$2 DD 1-8

Going third time over for Arboritanza, and that’s when the trainer really started clicking last meet. Throws in a stretchout as well. Good ROI with all distance moves. No name jock helps price.

Race 4

$20 win #2 Babie Monster 8-1

$2 Ex 2/ALL

Arboritanza again with another stretchout, going second time over. If him or Ochoa get hot, I’ll put a serious dent in the figure.

Race 9

$20 win #2 Hot Toddy 10-1

$2 exbx 2-9

.50c tri 2,9/ALL/2,9

Arboritanza, second start, this time with a slight turn back. The turnback is the strongest of his distance movers.

Good luck, folks!

4-58, -$1429