Time of year to give a little bit.

housepicks

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.svdpusa.org/About-Us/Volunteer

Giving away money is easy. And I always feel it’s not always appropriated correctly.

Now is the time of year to go give away some food items, buy some toys and go get off your butt and volunteer some time to help out some people in some tough situations.

Please consider doing all 3 things. And for those with kids, it’s a great idea to get your kids involved so they have a sense of what they have and how lucky they are to have it.

It also feels great.

Thank you.

I’ve got well over 100 guys on the job site I am on. I’m going to talk to the general contractor and see if I can do a food drive on the job site and run it out of their office with a goal of 500lbs.

Supply them with paper bags and list of items that are acceptable

You have to make it as easy as possible

St Vince does a weekly meal for the poor at the school I coach at, I’m gonna chat them up this week and get a game plan for what they need the most, food, toys,clothes, formula or whatever. With my kids getting older Christmas has lost a little luster for me. This is gonna give me the good Christmas feeling I’m after.