Baseball Hot Stove 2018/19

Machiavelli

Bauer has been making his own case publicly about his surplus value and why he shouldn't be moved until next year.

Yeah I follow Bauer on Twitter......and I have always been a big fan of his even prior to coming over. With that said I would like to see the Indians move him and sooner the better.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Harper ends up with less than the 10/300 he turned down from Nats

Agree.

30mil per is just about the max for any single player other than Trout/Betts and is pretty absurd in most cases. 

Harper is cool and all....but is he going to give seasons like 2015 every year? Highly doubtful!

Now, if your crystal ball has that coming back for 8 of the 10 years, then by all means, he's worth that 400mil payday or so that he likely wants. 

It's just not reality.

Agree.

30mil per is just about the max for any single player other than Trout/Betts and is pretty absurd in most cases. 

Harper is cool and all....but is he going to give seasons like 2015 every year? Highly doubtful!

Now, if your crystal ball has that coming back for 8 of the 10 years, then by all means, he's worth that 400mil payday or so that he likely wants. 

It's just not reality.

If the Nats deal is off the table, I'm not sure where Harper is going to get 300M+ from.  Seems like Yankees are focused on Machado.  Philly's probably his best bet to get a team to overpay since they're desperate

I love what the Indians are doing and hope they trade both Kluber and Bauer. Even with those two gone their top 2 will be Cy contenders and Bieber will take a very big step this year as well. Their top three in the rotation will be as strong as anyone's. After those three? You have dart throws such as Cody Anderson (coming off Tommy), Adam Plutko, Danny Salazar (coming off shoulder surgery), Chih-Wei Hu and their prize arm on the farm......Triston McKenzie. Also they would most certainly get an MLB ready arm back between those two trades as well.

We will have more than enough even after dumping Kluber and Bauer to win the Central and get an invite to the dance. We all know that once you're in anything can happen. Meanwhile these trades will extend our window as the windows for the Royals, Sox, Tigers and Twins get wider in the coming years.

You think they trade both Kluber and Bauer?

Carrasco, Clevinger, Bieber top 3 wouldn’t be as good as anyone. Houston and Boston much better

At least you have Ramirez and Lindor locked up cheap next few years and a bye to the playoffs

Right, I think trading them both would water down their rotation depth too much so likely just 1 of those 2 ends up moving which it seems like they could afford to do. Both seems like it would be a bit too risky. 

You think they trade both Kluber and Bauer?

Carrasco, Clevinger, Bieber top 3 wouldn’t be as good as anyone. Houston and Boston much better

At least you have Ramirez and Lindor locked up cheap next few years and a bye to the playoffs

That top three can compete with any top three in the AL.......and more than enough to walk through a trash Central and no I don't believe they trade both even though I would like to see that.