Seriously....Why isn’t Kaepernick in the NFL?

Viejo Dinosaur

I already gave you the answer.  

Here, I'll copy and paste my responses below so you can read them again.  Go slow if you have to. 

He doesn't want to play football so it doesn't matter.  

The Broncos offered him a contract and he didn't take it.  Sounds like a guy that really wants to play.  

https://www.usatoday...way/1010887002/

The guy just wants to stay in the news and stay relevant for marketing purposes.  Simple as that. 

It means if he really wanted to play football, he had his chance.

And it completely discredits any claims of being blackballed by the league. 

This is a non-story.  Fits the narrative of the far left so they will continue to run with it for as long as they can.  

That was before the 2016 season.    Colin WAS a starter at that point, as he proved getting the job back in SF AFTER the Denver situation, and having a decent year.    That has no relevance to the situation in the 2017 offseason, up to the current situation in 2018.   There's no instances, AFAIK, of Colin turning down a contract offer in the last year and a half.   Because he hasn't been offered one, or even got invited to a tryout when all the stiffs who can't hold his jock get the tryouts.   Maybe he doesn't want to play, maybe he does, but the only way to know is to offer him that chance, and have him turn it down.  The fact that no team has is why he's brought the collusion case.  

That was before the 2016 season.    Colin WAS a starter at that point, as he proved getting the job back in SF AFTER the Denver situation, and having a decent year.    That has no relevance to the situation in the 2017 offseason, up to the current situation in 2018.   There's no instances, AFAIK, of Colin turning down a contract offer in the last year and a half.   Because he hasn't been offered one, or even got invited to a tryout when all the stiffs who can't hold his jock get the tryouts.   Maybe he doesn't want to play, maybe he does, but the only way to know is to offer him that chance, and have him turn it down.  The fact that no team has is why he's brought the collusion case.  

All these Social Justice Warriors insisting that someone else hire Kaep and pay him a princely sum while at it  - sounds a little humorous.

Rather than trying to tell all the NFL owners how to run their businesses, the only real option you snowflakes have to address THIS microaggression would be to buy a team and then go ahead and hire all the malcontents you want.  Then you can sit at the bottom of the league year in and year out.

Once again, we have the Left ruining everything it touches.

guesser - what has he done in the last couple of years that would suggest that he wants to come back? I’ve honestly heard nothing. Whe do the Mark Sanchez, and Fitz-types stick around for years? They will play for cheap.

CK has slid into his new role of being the icon for millennials who think something should be given to them. The Rolling Stone and The View-types will praise him for him standing in what he believes in. That’s fine, but there are plenty of players the NFL can sign. I saw no commitment from him or Michael Sam to play, easier being a victim. CK i suspect will do very well in life, maybe even be a political figure someday. It just won’t be in football.

guesser - what has he done in the last couple of years that would suggest that he wants to come back? I’ve honestly heard nothing. Whe do the Mark Sanchez, and Fitz-types stick around for years? They will play for cheap.

CK has slid into his new role of being the icon for millennials who think something should be given to them. The Rolling Stone and The View-types will praise him for him standing in what he believes in. That’s fine, but there are plenty of players the NFL can sign. I saw no commitment from him or Michael Sam to play, easier being a victim. CK i suspect will do very well in life, maybe even be a political figure someday. It just won’t be in football.

But you have to admit he was better than what we see of most backups now....Kap had talent....

But you have to admit he was better than what we see of most backups now....Kap had talent....

If you know football and are being honest, you would know that he was more of a flash in the pan than anything else. Once defenses had enough film and figured him out he was far less effective.

He could only read one side of the field at a time so the offense was really dumbed down for him.

His flash only lasted a little longer than RG3. And he had more team success because the Niners were loaded early in his career.

If you know football and are being honest, you would know that he was more of a flash in the pan than anything else. Once defenses had enough film and figured him out he was far less effective.

He could only read one side of the field at a time so the offense was really dumbed down for him.

His flash only lasted a little longer than RG3. And he had more team success because the Niners were loaded early in his career.

Very true, Kap was mediocre at best, Kap played a whole year 3 times, his QB rating each year was 71,65,61 (declining every year), His final partial  yr(2016), his rating was 49. He was 12-4 with a dominant defense in 2013 - which is why people think he can play.

Lets compare that with the miserable Mark Sanchez, who played 4 full seasons, his ratings were 63,75,78, and 67(better overall than Kaepernik), he also had one good yr on a good team -  the jets were 11-5 in 2010.

I think we can all agree that Sanchez sucks and should never be a NFL starter again, but the facts are that he's slightly better than Kaepernik and always has been, which makes Kap a very mediocre QB, and is why he'll be lucky to ever be on a team again(except as an act of charity or appeasement to the left).

Combine all this with the terrible baggage he would bring to anyone dumb enough to sign him, you see why he's not on a team.

Stop talking about Kap.

• 1 year later...