Are there any guys around anymore who can make a predictable amount playing BLACKJACK?

Fazzer

This guy started it all.

Dr. Ed Thorp at the 21st Blackjack Ball

I used to. Made just about what he says using his method...1.5 to 2%. i.e. bet 1000 make 15 to 20 ;in the long run. Single deck 75-100 basic bet, whatever got full comps. I played the high low count system. When you couldn't get a single deck game, I played the shoe, but didn't do as well. I see in this analysis that when multi decks came out, someone came up with the idea of dividing the count by the percentage of deck in the shuffle up box. I didn't play that way, just kept on with single deck strategy. 

This is a pretty good coverage of the system(s)

https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1528&context=gradreports

I used to. Made just about what he says using his method...1.5 to 2%. i.e. bet 1000 make 15 to 20 ;in the long run. Single deck 75-100 basic bet, whatever got full comps. I played the high low count system. When you couldn't get a single deck game, I played the shoe, but didn't do as well. I see in this analysis that when multi decks came out, someone came up with the idea of dividing the count by the percentage of deck in the shuffle up box. I didn't play that way, just kept on with single deck strategy. 

https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1528&context=gradreports

Cmon man, you're too dumb to count. :laugh

This makes me think that even the slightest of distractions can ruin everything. 

Would that be a correct assumption?

This makes me think that even the slightest of distractions can ruin everything. 

Would that be a correct assumption?

Well, they cause difficulty. Pitt bosses, for instance, will try and start a conversation with you. 

A distraction can cause you to lose the count and bet wrongly accordingly, because you have to carry on with what you think it it. So that changes your expected winnings per hour.