Do you pray to the Lord?

D-Hustle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying that there are "famous people" that are flat Earthers. Repudiating the theories of Stephen Hawking while embracing the thoughts of celebrities seems a bit illogical to me.

I know what you were saying. And there are gamblers that slice people up in Costa Rica. I was making you point out that you were stereotyping.

I’m not embracing the thoughts of anybody. I embrace my own thought. Wade posted a question and I posted a relevant video. I am in no way basing my belief system on any celebrities, especially Jessica Simpson. I just thought it was interesting.

I know what you were saying. And there are gamblers that slice people up in Costa Rica. I was making you point out that you were stereotyping.

I’m not embracing the thoughts of anybody. I embrace my own thought. Wade posted a question and I posted a relevant video. I am in no way basing my belief system on any celebrities, especially Jessica Simpson. I just thought it was interesting.

Stereotyping? I wouldn't put any credence in accounting advice from a group of shoe salesmen either. That's stereotyping?

Stereotyping? I wouldn't put much credence in accounting advice from a group of shoe salesmen either. That's stereotyping?

Yes, you said You were “ just saying some Hollywood types are flatearthers. “ So if it’s none of the people in the video, why is that relevant?

It’s not, and it’s stereotyping.

Again, didn’t take my belief system from them. Posted a relevant video for entertainment purposes.

What background or profession do you need to have then to have an opinion on religious topics?

Yes, you said You were “ just saying some Hollywood types are flatearthers. “ So if it’s none of the people in the video, why is that relevant?

It’s not, and it’s stereotyping.

Again, didn’t take my belief system from them. Posted a relevant video for entertainment purposes.

What background or profession do you need to have then to have an opinion on religious topics?

You must call auto mechanics to fix your computer and welders to do your landscaping then. Wouldn't want to stereotype!

I am more likely to hold an astrophysicist's theories about the universe in a bit higher regard than someone who regurgitates lines that someone else wrote in front of a camera.

Lol. For the third time, who is holding anything in high regard? But curious, If I had posted a video “Ministers who pray “ instead, would that have been more credible since that’s their line of work?

I’m guessing if the Hollywood types had been more in line with your worldview, you would not be questioning their right to, or validity of, an opinion.

You must call auto mechanics to fix you computer and welders to do your landscaping then. Wouldn't want to stereotype!

I am more likely to hold an astrophysicist's theories about the universe in a bit higher regard than someone who regurgitates lines that someone else wrote in front of a camera.

Lol. For the third time, who is holding anything in high regard? If I had posted a video “Ministers who pray “ instead, would that have been more credible since that’s their line of work? Or does that only work for scientists?

I’m guessing if the Hollywood types had been more in line with your worldview, you would not be questioning their right to, or validity of, an opinion.

Lol. For the third time, who is holding anything in high regard? If I had posted a video “Ministers who pray “ instead, would that have been more credible since that’s their line of work? Or does that only work for scientists?

Do ministers know anything about astrophysics?

You would be guessing wrong as I could not care less what a celebrity has to say about virtually every topic on Earth unless they were giving acting or music lessons.

Do ministers know anything about astrophysics?

You would be guessing wrong as I could not care less what a celebrity has to say about virtually every topic on Earth unless they were giving acting or music lessons.

The topic is not astrophysics...it’s religion...or practice of prayer.

Then why are you making a big deal about it here? If every person in that video said they agreed with Hawking, would it have even come up about their worthiness to comment? Of course not.

Then why are you making a big deal about it here? If every person in that video said they agreed with Hawking, would it have even come up about their worthiness to comment? Of course not.

If they all had commented that the sky is blue due to refraction, it wouldn't have gotten a comment either - because it shows some basic, scientific understanding of what they're talking about.

If they all had commented that the sky is blue due to refraction, it wouldn't have gotten a comment either - because it shows some basic, scientific understanding of what they're talking about.

The original post presupposes the existence of a creator. The original question was not “ Do you believe in God?” although it went in that direction.

So basically, if someone agrees with your world view (otherwise known as “showing some basic, scientific, understanding of what they’re talking about” )then their celebrity status has no bearing, but if not, then it can be dismissed due to their celebrity status. Got it.

Anyway I’m done with this topic. Quite sure Wade didn’t mean it as a legitimate question anyway. I’m guessing a lot of posters will be saying a last-minute hedge prayer on their deathbed though.

Maybe even Karl Marx did.

The original post presupposes the existence of a creator. The original question was not “ Do you believe in God?” although it went in that direction.

So basically, if someone agrees with your world view (otherwise known as “showing some basic, scientific, understanding of what they’re talking about” )then their celebrity status has no bearing, but if not, then it can be dismissed due to their celebrity status. Got it.

Anyway I’m done with this topic. Quite sure Wade didn’t mean it as a legitimate question anyway. I’m guessing a lot of posters will be saying a last-minute hedge prayer on their deathbed though.

Maybe even Karl Marx did.

Right again. When someone else assumes to know more about breaking the physical laws of the universe than one of the most brilliant astrophysicists that ever lived and then posts a video of random people (whether they are worthless celebrities or not) with no credentialed understanding of the subject matter as affirmation of their own beliefs, apparently I'm so stupid that I just stereotype.

Religion is a way for people to deal with the fact that they are going to die.

I find it amusing that with the hundreds of religions out there, everyone assumes they picked the right one.

Would never assume that. Believe everyone has to look for their own truth. Would never presume to tell someone what they should believe. Have no problem with atheists either.

A few questions for the religious, do animals go to heaven/the afterlife? If not,  did humans evolve from lessor primates? if we did but that's ok(because god is great and has a grand plan),when did the first human become eligible to attain the afterlife? Imagine how much it must have sucked to be the last proto-human who didn't merit heaven?

If the afterlife exists, what would a bronze age person who lived a hard, short life of hunting and gathering,  say to a  "fresh" 21st century dead person who only cared about fashion, drugs and the internet?

A few questions for the religious, do animals go to heaven/the afterlife? If not,  did humans evolve from lessor primates? if we did but that's ok(because god is great and has a grand plan),when did the first human become eligible to attain the afterlife? Imagine how much it must have sucked to be the last proto-human who didn't merit heaven?

If the afterlife exists, what would a bronze age person who lived a hard, short life of hunting and gathering,  say to a  "fresh" 21st century dead person who only cared about fashion, drugs and the internet?

Lol. I have seen both sides of that argument about animals. ..but that’s funny,

Can’t answer that.