What’sYour Take on The Ruling of a Portion of The ACA is Unconstitutional?

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire thing was ruled unconstitutional(not just the mandate), the final ruling will take some time. By the way, I believe premiums went down this year, a fairly large amt too.

Not mine, Went up to like $800 a month. I don’t think I will have to end up paying that much in 2019 though....2017 and 2018 were skewed because of BTC.

Mine didn’t.

The affordable care act(obamacare) covers only about 17 million people, the vast majority of people have employer coverage/medicare, etc - those premiums continue to rise like they always do because our system is fucked up.

People on obama care get their coverage through the health exchanges  ( health care.gov or similar state run entities). It's my understanding that premiums went down on them this year, in my state(MN), they dropped by 10-15%.

The affordable care act(obamacare) covers only about 17 million people, the vast majority of people have employer coverage/medicare, etc - those premiums continue to rise like they always do because our system is fucked up.

People on obama care get their coverage through the health exchanges ( health care.gov or similar state run entities). It's my understanding that premiums went down on them this year, in my state(MN), they dropped by 10-15%.

Minnesota’s went up significantly the year prior didn’t they?

I know mine went up, I think the cheapest one was 500 per month plus.... still much cheaper than on the open market pre ACA for self employed people who can’t get on group plan...especially if you can get the subsidy.

Better off now having everyone on it than these broke dicks that have none and we pay their tab.

Makes zero since to pay $700 per month to an insurance company for an annual doctor visit unless you are a corrupt politician representing the drug and insurance companies.  But the corruption is so extensive now that people can no longer support it and changes are coming. They've only got a few more years before the voters start taking control for themselves.

Minnesota’s went up significantly the year prior didn’t they?

I know mine went up, I think the cheapest one was 500 per month plus.... still much cheaper than on the open market pre ACA for self employed people who can’t get on group plan...especially if you can get the subsidy.

I believe they did go up 2 years ago - not huge though. You're correct that the cheapest silver plan was $500+, but keep in mind tax credits could cut that quite a bit(if you're eligible).

It is crappy coverage though, $5-7K deductibles, which is why the fact the mandate(tax penalty) going away is such a good thing. If you dont need health care you sure as hell shouldn't be forced to pay $500+ a month for crappy coverage you wont use.

I believe they did go up 2 years ago - not huge though. You're correct that the cheapest silver plan was $500+, but keep in mind tax credits could cut that quite a bit(if you're eligible).

It is crappy coverage though, $5-7K deductibles, which is why the fact the mandate(tax penalty) going away is such a good thing. If you dont need health care you sure as hell shouldn't be forced to pay $500+ a month for crappy coverage you wont use.

How would you know that you don’t need it? That’s the broke dikk logic. Maybe I’ll cancel my house insurance because I don’t need it. You always need health insurance.

How would you know that you don’t need it? That’s the broke dikk logic. Maybe I’ll cancel my house insurance because I don’t need it. You always need health insurance.

Freedom of choice is not a privilege, it's a right. What you just stated was your opinion, every person in the country has the right to reject your opinion if they choose to. If you dont have a mortgage, you can cancel your house ins, and I couldn't care less whether you do it or not. So why do you care about what others decide to do with their health coverage?  Oh, wait a sec, you want their money to subsidize your care...so who's the broke dick now? :scratch

And that would be cheaper for everyone also.

Yes, cutting out the greed and corruption shouldn't be that hard. But it is, too many people, especially the powerful, can't be trusted.

Remember the plan to drain the swamp. Then Scott Pruitt, Ryan Zinke, Tom Price, Carl Ichan, Ivanka Trump, etc get government jobs. Flukish?

Yes, cutting out the greed and corruption shouldn't be that hard. But it is, too many people, especially the powerful, can't be trusted.

Remember the plan to drain the swamp. Then Scott Pruitt, Ryan Zinke, Tom Price, Carl Ichan, Ivanka Trump, etc get government jobs. Flukish?

Have to agree here.

Guy didn't drain the swamp but instead refilled it.

Fair criticism.

Freedom of choice is not a privilege, it's a right. What you just stated was your opinion, every person in the country has the right to reject your opinion if they choose to. If you dont have a mortgage, you can cancel your house ins, and I couldn't care less whether you do it or not. So why do you care about what others decide to do with their health coverage?  Oh, wait a sec, you want their money to subsidize your care...so who's the broke dick now? :scratch

So if you go to the ER tonight, do you just cut them a check or nah?