What’sYour Take on The Ruling of a Portion of The ACA is Unconstitutional?

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they did go up 2 years ago - not huge though. You're correct that the cheapest silver plan was $500+, but keep in mind tax credits could cut that quite a bit(if you're eligible).

It is crappy coverage though, $5-7K deductibles, which is why the fact the mandate(tax penalty) going away is such a good thing. If you dont need health care you sure as hell shouldn't be forced to pay $500+ a month for crappy coverage you wont use.

My coverage is and was amazing, picked it when when I was expecting the tax credit. I was not expecting crypto gains so I picked a great plan with 1200 deductible and nothing at all after that. Think I expected to pay 300 a month Problem was I hardly used it except for meds, and then when I filed my tax return I had made to much so not tax credit and I had to pay back $7000. It works out well if you are in the sweet spot and use it, but if you end up making more than anticipated than u better have taken afpdvantage of it. I don’t foresee making too much money in 2019, so I took a good plan again, but I’m going to make sure I use it just in case I have to pay it back again.lol

My coverage is and was amazing, picked it when when I was expecting the tax credit. I was not expecting crypto gains so I picked a great plan with 1200 deductible and nothing at all after that. Think I expected to pay 300 a month Problem was I hardly used it except for meds, and then when I filed my tax return I had made to much so not tax credit and I had to pay back $7000. It works out well if you are in the sweet spot and use it, but if you end up making more than anticipated than u better have taken afpdvantage of it. I don’t foresee making too much money in 2019, so I took a good plan again, but I’m going to make sure I use it just in case I have to pay it back again.lol

So you prob had a gold plan?

If everyone was paying in, wouldn’t yours be cheaper?

The mandate is and was illegal, roberts allowed the plan to pass last time because he said it really wasn't a mandate to buy insurance, it was a tax penalty for not buying it. It's insane to want people to buy a product they dont need, for instance, super rich people have no need for medical ins, most large co's do not buy ins for their employees, they're self insured, they basically pay ins co's a fee to handle all the details..

Get over it, we are not a national family, we are not a collective, individual rights are what's important.

The mandate is and was illegal, roberts allowed the plan to pass last time because he said it really wasn't a mandate to buy insurance, it was a tax penalty for not buying it. It's insane to want people to buy a product they dont need, for instance, super rich people have no need for medical ins, most large co's do not buy ins for their employees, they're self insured, they basically pay ins co's a fee to handle all the details..

Get over it, we are not a national family, we are not a collective, individual rights are what's important.

Super rich people don’t need SS either but pay it.

Do you pay taxes? You really shouldn’t, it’s your right not to.

Super rich people don’t need SS either but pay it.

Do you pay taxes? You really shouldn’t, it’s your right not to.

Nope, I'm pretty much done paying income taxes, now that I'm retired my goal is to become a parasite on society. So far I'm succeeding.

By the way, rich people really dont pay SS taxes, they stop paying at 128K in earnings, meaning that those who make a million or 2 really pay almost nothing - normal people pay 7.7%, they pay less than 1 %.

My wife and I, both seniors, have zero premium medical.

On two weeks wait, I have had, in the last 90 days:

heart echocardiogram

2 exercise stress tests

heart CT, then

chest and lower body and legs CT

and last week, MIBI nuclear scan of my heart

In February, a double ender, endoscopy and colonoscopy.

Cost - zero.

If I was the richest man in Canada, cost - $140 per month.

What class of ignorant Person who inserts genitals into their mouth DOESN"T want free medical?

Jeebus, what in the fuck in the matter with some of you people?

heart echocardiogram

2 exercise stress tests

heart CT, then

Cost - zero.

What class of ignorant Person who inserts genitals into their mouth DOESN"T want free medical?

Why the fuck does it cost $140 a month, it should be free, actually if canada was a decent country they would pay people to get medical care. Testing might catch things that will only be more expensive later, so they should pay people to get checkups/testing, etc. what a shithole country?

heart echocardiogram

2 exercise stress tests

heart CT, then

Cost - zero.

This is what's wrong. Precious 7 year migrant girl dies in Trump's border patrol custody. Trump's new message to migrants "We're closed". Border Patrol officials caught on video kicking over, emptying out gallon water bottles left in the desert by good samaritans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/15/us/guatemalan-girl-death-timeline/index.html

Heart breaking.

P.S. Trump one of the very few American's and even Republicans cheering on this judges decision against Obamacare. What a moron.

This is what's wrong. Precious 7 year migrant girl dies in Trump's border patrol custody. Trump's new message to migrants "We're closed". Border Patrol officials caught on video kicking over, emptying out gallon water bottles left in the desert by good samaritans.https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/15/us/guatemalan-girl-death-timeline/index.html

Heart breaking.

What about our citizens who don’t have it because they can’t afford it?

heart echocardiogram

2 exercise stress tests

heart CT, then

Cost - zero.

Of course I want free medical. I actually want to pay my share and not support others who don’t want to pay. That’s not realistic though. I already pay the highest for car insurance (mich).

This is what's wrong. Precious 7 year migrant girl dies in Trump's border patrol custody. Trump's new message to migrants "We're closed". Border Patrol officials caught on video kicking over, emptying out gallon water bottles left in the desert by good samaritans.https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/15/us/guatemalan-girl-death-timeline/index.html

Heart breaking.

P.S. Trump one of the very few American's and even Republicans cheering on this judges decision against Obamacare. What a moron.

I’m confused. I watched ur linked video and it looks like Border patrol did everything right. Also didn’t see any video of water bottles for these people being emptied ?

What about our citizens who don’t have it because they can’t afford it?

Already told you. Healthcare should be a right not a privilege. Obamacare was a great path towards this goal, but it was massively attacked and undermined by the RepubliCON controlled Congress.

K-12, Police protection, Air Traffic Control, Interstate Hwy system, military are all Federal and state government programs giving rights and benefits to all Americans. Why not healthcare?

Already told you. Healthcare should be a right not a privilege. Obamacare was a great path towards this goal, but it was massively attacked and undermined by the RepubliCON controlled Congress.

K-12, Police protection, Air Traffic Control, Interstate Hwy system, military are all Federal and state government programs giving rights and benefits to all Americans. Why not healthcare?

I’ve always been for healthcare for all. The Obamaplan was good for people with preexisting issues, but I lost mine and had to get it on my own.