AFC #6 Seed Best shot? It's not who you think

theguesser

Spoiler Alert.   Mike75 will like this.  

Ravens currently hold it. Colts are the media darlings to get it, but The Titans are the team with the best shot for it, IMO. 
Balt is @ Chargers, hosting Cleve. Looks 1-1, maybe 0-2 to me. 
Indy is hosting NYG, @ Tenn
Tenn is hosting Wash, hosting Indy. They will likely be a small favorite hosting Indy. That game can even be for 1st in the Division if Houston screws up. But it's very likely gonna be a playoff game, in or out, in week 17, and will probably be flexed to SNF.

Spoiler Alert. Mike75 will like this.

Ravens currently hold it. Colts are the media darlings to get it, but The Titans are the team with the best shot for it, IMO.

Indy is hosting NYG, @ Tenn

Tenn is hosting Wash, hosting Indy. They will likely be a small favorite hosting Indy. That game can even be for 1st in the Division if Houston screws up. But it's very likely gonna be a playoff game, in or out, in week 17, and will probably be flexed to SNF.

Nice write-up? Week 17 is shaping up to be exciting. Right now I like Luck to win at Tenn.

Bet Online Gets it:

NFL Playoff Specials

Rot. Selection Odds   Saturday, Dec 22, 2018 To Make the Playoffs
Baltimore Ravens
04:30 PM 54105 Yes +145   54106 No -175   To Make the Playoffs
Indianapolis Colts
04:30 PM 54127 Yes +170   54128 No -200   To Make the Playoffs
Miami Dolphins
04:30 PM 54137 Yes +1000   54138 No -2000   To Make the Playoffs
Minnesota Vikings
04:30 PM 54139 Yes -190   54140 No +160   To Make the Playoffs
Philadelphia Eagles
04:30 PM 54151 Yes +165   54152 No -205   To Make the Playoffs
Tennessee Titans
04:30 PM 54161 Yes -110   54162 No -120   To Make the Playoffs
Washington Redskins
04:30 PM 54163 Yes +500   54164 No -1000

Spoiler Alert.   Mike75 will like this.  

Indy is hosting NYG, @ Tenn

Tenn is hosting Wash, hosting Indy. They will likely be a small favorite hosting Indy. That game can even be for 1st in the Division if Houston screws up. But it's very likely gonna be a playoff game, in or out, in week 17, and will probably be flexed to SNF.

I am definitely optimistic. Thanks Guesser for bringing it to my attention.

There is a 3 team race to snag that last playoff spot. Anything is possible and there is also a small chance that if Steelers or Ravens end up losing their last two games we could see AFC North division winner Steelers/Ravens,Either the Titans/Colts and another team in the mix.

Anything is possible. All i can do is hope. Have to beat the Skins first

IF the Titans beat the Skins then its gonna be a playoff game atmosphere in Nashville, in or out, in week 17, and could probably be flexed to SNF. I'd love to see this exact thing happen.

This 2018 season was the Titans 20th anniversary

From the Titans first year 1999 thru 2011 they won 120 games and were top five in wins during that time as well as making the postseason 6 times,won 13 games or more 3 different seasons,Had 2 NFL Rookies of the Year(Vince Young and Jevon Kearse who set a new NFL sack record 14.5 for rookie) and 1 NFL MVP(Steve McNair) as well as at the time having the fastest player ever 4.24 (Chris Johnson)who was a 2000 yard RB that set the NFL record in 2009 for total yardage gained by a player in one season with 2,500 yards a record that still stands. Around that time 2007 they also had a FG kicker(Rob Bironas) set a new record for most FG made in one game with 8 made with the final one being a game winner 38-36 over Houston.

From 2012 thru 2015 the Titans had four straight losing seasons and had a mediocre GM Ruston Webster who couldnt draft well and drafted a QB bust Jake Locker and this period was the worst in their 20 year history.

2016 the Titans hired a new GM Jon Robinson and had a new QB who had just been drafted year before.

If the Titans win one more game they will have 3 straight winning seasons from 2016 thru 2018 a big reason for that is their GM and their QB. They also made the playoffs and had the biggest come from behind win ever for a road team.

Their GM has drafted well his first three seasons bringing in a good mix of vets too. For instance this season he brought in players that were recently drafted and let go by other teams Kamalei Correa(2nd round) and Kenny Vaccarro(1st round) both are now playing really well on defense.

Pairing those two with recent Titans/Robinson draft picks like Rashaan Evans(2018),Harold Landry(2018) Dane Cruikshank(2018),Jayon Brown(2017),Austin Johnson(2016),Adoree Jackson(2017),LeShaun Sims(2016) and finally Kevin Byard(2016) who was just a second year safety when he led the NFL in interceptions. Thats pretty much the defense besides long time Titans drafted vets Jurrell Casey(2011), DaQuan Jones(2015), Derrick Morgan(2010). Logan Ryan and Malcolm Butler are free agents brought in by the current GM Robinson.

The Titans defense ranks first with the least points allowed in the NFL and rank seventh in yards allowed.

After just 3 years as GM Robinson's 53 man roster has 43 players which he either drafted or signed as free agents meaning just 10 players remain that were here before Robinson became GM in 2016