+EV Walmart Tip

Sol Aristatel

Wife went to pick up an online order yesterday.  Just a small gift for her nephew.  

Walmart had this new online pick-up thing going on.  Store manager asked her if she had ever used it.  She said no. 

Said they had a promotion going on and that she was welcome to try it herself.  

Long story short, she ends up winning a 32 inch Samsung TV.   

We had no use for it.  So we asked if we could get store credit and use it towards something else.  They said no problem the TV was ours and we could return it if we wanted to.

$178 in free money.  We were thinking about buying a new TV anyway.  Just used it towards that and got ourselves a new set. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only +EV Walmart tip that exists is to never go into Walmart.   $178 in free money is not close to making a trip to Walmart worth it.

C'mon rito.  There is a Walmart about 4 miles from my place in a great part of town.  

It's not that bad.  Not like most Walmarts.  Ive been in some that are down right scary.  The one in West Haven, CT comes to mind.  

C'mon rito.  There is a Walmart about 4 miles from my place in a great part of town.  

It's not that bad.  Not like most Walmarts.  Ive been in some that are down right scary.  The one in West Haven, CT comes to mind.  

There's one two miles from my house that I'm not sure it's scary but when you look at police maps of crime in the area it's by far #1.  Nevertheless it's like going to a 4th world shithole.  I can barely handle costco, fuck walmart.

I've noticed that you can sometimes get an item cheaper from Walmart online(and have it delivered to your local store for pickup), than they charge in the store itself.

By the way, it sure is odd that someone mentions they got a $178 item free(without any shenanigans), and some people rip and mock them?  :scratch

WTF is wrong with some of you?