Starting a Program Today For My Well Being

Dark Raver Camper

Intensive outpatient program from 9 to 3:30.

It will take everything in me to accept it instead of running away from my recent mental issues.

On top of that, I think we’re going to put our just turned 15 lab down. The poor thing can’t even walk her hind legs give out bad. Tears in this poor dog’s eyes.

Wish my luck with this program. I need the help badly. I hope it works. I need to get back to work and function normally.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got this Camper! Stick it out no matter what. You owe yourself that.

As for your pup, I understand how tough that is. If the dog is miserable the best thing that you could ever do for him is put him down. We only keep them alive for her own selfish reasons. I think I made the mistake of keeping my Pogo an extra month because I couldn’t decide and was sad....and meanwhile he was suffering...or at the least, not living any kind of joyful life.

They say you will never regret putting them down a little early, but you will regret keeping them alive longer than you should. I think that’s probably accurate. Easier said than done though.

My son is devastated about putting our dog down. Not looking forward to this.

They say you will know when it’s time. I never felt like I knew when it was time until afterward, and then I looked back and thought that I held onto him for maybe a month too long. It was because I didn’t want to say goodbye and because he would have occasional good days. Obviously consult with your veterinarian and get his/her opinion. There is a thread somewhere here I made when I was putting mine down. There’s probably some helpful advice in there.

I’ve made it so far. They have me approved for another week. I’m not sure I’ll do another week.

I can’t see how another week will change anything.

People with eating disorders, kids, an old lady, a younger than I guy is ok.

Guys, I’m doing fucking 30 minutes of exercise, in my chair. Thursday afternoon is game day.

I just feel they are trying to fill seats. I need to get well by myself, suck it up, get back to work, and stop the drama (anxiety and depression).

Sounds like a losing battle. Hopefully not.

Thanks for the encouragement above because I wasn’t going to return today, but I did.

I’ve made it so far. They have me approved for another week. I’m not sure I’ll do another week.

I can’t see how another week will change anything.

People with eating disorders, kids, an old lady, a younger than I guy is ok.

Guys, I’m doing fucking 30 minutes of exercise, in my chair. Thursday afternoon is game day.

I just feel they are trying to fill seats. I need to get well by myself, suck it up, get back to work, and stop the drama (anxiety and depression).

Sounds like a losing battle. Hopefully not.

Thanks for the encouragement above because I wasn’t going to return today, but I did.

Based on your posts the past few weeks, I'm not sure doing it on your own is the way to go Rob.  

I don't know what program you are in and if it's a good fit.  But if you are going to bail on this one, perhaps you need to look for something else.  

Just trying to help.