Starting a Program Today For My Well Being

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve made it so far. They have me approved for another week. I’m not sure I’ll do another week.

I can’t see how another week will change anything.

People with eating disorders, kids, an old lady, a younger than I guy is ok.

Guys, I’m doing fucking 30 minutes of exercise, in my chair. Thursday afternoon is game day.

I just feel they are trying to fill seats. I need to get well by myself, suck it up, get back to work, and stop the drama (anxiety and depression).

Sounds like a losing battle. Hopefully not.

Thanks for the encouragement above because I wasn’t going to return today, but I did.

sounds like you are lying. they dont put kids in with adults

Get it together, pal.

Thanks! I’m trying. Divorce thing is killing me but what did I expect?

I completed a week. I’m not sure if I’ll do one more. I had a 19 year old telling me I shouldn’t be concerned about my job/job security and just to focus on me. There is some truth to that however I can’t flirt with possible termination from a job I have for almost 20 years. I’d be fucked 100 times worse than I am now. This 19 year old, who works at the mall, doesn’t understand me fearing for my job.

FMLA is exhausted, because of an unrelated illness last year, and it’s a rolling year. Without that protection, if they want me out/gone they could do it.

Thanks! I’m trying. Divorce thing is killing me but what did I expect?

I completed a week. I’m not sure if I’ll do one more. I had a 19 year old telling me I shouldn’t be concerned about my job/job security and just to focus on me. There is some truth to that however I can’t flirt with possible termination from a job I have for almost 20 years. I’d be fucked 100 times worse than I am now. This 19 year old, who works at the mall, doesn’t understand me fearing for my job.

FMLA is exhausted, because of an unrelated illness last year, and it’s a rolling year. Without that protection, if they want me out/gone they could do it.

What good is a job if you are dead?  

I think that's the proper perspective here. 

And if you have panic/anxiety disorder, you will not be able to function in the real world until you get right.  

Living lightheaded and dizzy all the time with frequent panic attacks is a disability you can't overcome without some guidance and help. 

So far I've been to the crisis unit and intensive op program. Our mental health system is broken and flawed. It's a business and they just want to fill chairs/beds. That's it.

There are a ton of people wayyyyyyyyyyy worse off than I am and those people I feel sorry for way more than I feel sorry for myself.

I'll dial it down a bit.

Happiness > any job.

You ain't happy right now. What good is a job if you ain't happy and hate life?

Good point, but I would imagine he would be really unhappy if he loses more than his marriage because he can’t pay the bills.

I don’t know his financial situation, so maybe he has plenty of savings, but unless he can get some sort of short term disability, I would be a little afraid of losing my job also. Maybe he could talk to human resources and express his concern. ...tell them he believes that he could benefit from continuing the program (if that’s true) but that he values his job and does not want to jeopardize that...maybe feel them out a bit.