OT: Let's get some weigh-ins in here

KingRevolver

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-10 160 pounds.

Was about 170-175 my entire adult life until a recent unplanned weight loss. Back on track now gained 10 back and on my way.

Do you mind if I ask you what happened?

I remember about a year ago there was a similar thread to this and we were the identical height and weight (5’10” 172 lbs)

Do you mind if I ask you what happened?

I remember about a year ago there was a similar thread to this and we were the identical height and weight (5’10” 172 lbs)

Type 2 diabetes. Pretty much had an idea what was going on and ignored it for too long, had blood test as part of a work thing and blood sugar was 303. Since then got on medication and cut down on sugars and drinking about 75% and have began getting healthy again.

Had a childhood friend lose both feet and eventually die and somewhat scared me straight.

Type 2 diabetes. Pretty much had an idea what was going on and ignored it for too long, had blood test as part of a work thing and blood sugar was 303. Since then got on medication and cut down on sugars and drinking about 75% and have began getting healthy again.

Had a childhood friend lose both feet and eventually die and somewhat scared me straight.

Glad you have things under control

Yea diabetes is a nasty disease

Damn dude.  

Last time I saw you, you looked frail.  You told me you had lost a lot of weight but didn't tell me about the diabetes.  

You find that out recently? 

Damn dude.

Last time I saw you, you looked frail. You told me you had lost a lot of weight but didn't tell me about the diabetes.

You find that out recently?

Yeah I didn’t know at that point just suspected, found out in October. Blood sugar cut in half since then though, unfortunately drinking only on weekends now.

Just happy to be gaining the weight back and not being exhausted every day.

Yeah I didn’t know at that point just suspected, found out in October. Blood sugar cut in half since then though, unfortunately drinking only on weekends now.

Just happy to be gaining the weight back and not being exhausted every day.

Sounds like you are doing better. Good to hear.

Welcome to the weekend drinking club. It’s not all that bad once you are in the groove.